cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify this?

Can anyone identify what this might be? I've tried looking online and can't find anything that's close to what this might be. I'd like to sell the set I have, but I need some kind of description for it first. 

It has a slanted top with lid

Thanks for any help

green dish2.jpg

green dish.jpg

  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can anyone identify this?

This looks like a vanity jar. By "set" do you mean you have additional identical items or do you have a similar item (i.e. like a saucer that goes with a cup) that perhaps might help us identify it more effectively.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

A vanity jar (that, if part of a set, might accompany a perfume bottle and a powder jar). Could also be a candy jar/dish.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You've got a pair of candy jars.

vintage-green-frosted-satin-glass_1_f436b645455b0d0ac83db2402ae9990a.jpg

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have 2 of the same

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

do you know who the manufacturer is?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I haven’t been able to identify a manufacturer but to answer you original question, you could describe it as a green frosted glass Art Deco candy jar (and/or dish) or vanity jar.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

ok, thank you
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

You're welcome. Btw, if there are any kind of identification marks anywhere either inside the lid or on the base you think might help others further identify your items, please feel free to share. Sometimes it's the tiniest little details that can help solve a mystery.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I'm afraid there's nothing inside or out. that's why I'm having such a hard time figuring out what the heck they are
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I know what you mean. It’s the kind of vessel that could serve any number of purposes. The couple of places I’ve found it have referred to it as a candy dish/something else. I was thinking a vanity jar at first but the bright, whimsical graphics and the topsy turvy shape makes me think it was more likely meant for a kitchen counter or coffee table rather than a bedroom or bath.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I agree. I just showed it to my sister, and she said her mother-in-law used to have light blue ones like this in her livingroom. She's going to ask someone she knows that deal with antiques if they can remember what they are. If I find out anything, I'll let you know
Message 12 of 12
latest reply