cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify this plate?

Cut glass and a wavy perimeter.Cut glass and a wavy perimeter.

Looks like Celtic crosses.Looks like Celtic crosses.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can anyone identify this plate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bryce Brothers 1890's EAPG MALTESE IRON CROSS 10-1/4" Plate

I found one online described as above. Needs confirmation though, I'm not an expert on the subject.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be pedantic about it, but that really isn't a Maltese cross. I wonder if it was marketed under that name, or if it is just someone's inaccurate description.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

Not to be pedantic about it, but that really isn't a Maltese cross. I wonder if it was marketed under that name, or if it is just someone's inaccurate description.

I found several for sale on other venues that, as noted in palmtreelucky's link, were called "Troy," and I'd guess that was the original pattern name. 

It's not a Maltese cross, and surely no one ever made pressed glass dishes in an pattern named "Iron Cross," as one seller had listed it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

I found several for sale on other venues that, as noted in palmtreelucky's link, were called "Troy," and I'd guess that was the original pattern name. 

Yes, it seems to be "Troy":

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rSl0niAD6KUC&pg=PA93&lpg=PA93&dq=%22troy%22+%22bryce+brothers%22...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Living in PA, I should know more about Bryce Glass, but all I know is that at some point Lenox bought it and then closed the Mt Pleasant glassworks, and that the old factory burned down in the late 1990s and  the Bryce Mansion burned to the ground seven or eight years ago.  Part of the sad industrial history of Pennsylvania.  I don't know where Lenox glassware comes from now -- China, I assume.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you to all of you who responded. You have at pointed me in the right direction.  I will start with Bryce Bros.  and search for pattern and year confirmation.  Big help!  I had nothing to go on before.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply