cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify either of these landscape oil paintings? They seem to be turn of the century.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone identify either of these landscape oil paintings? They seem to be turn of the century

I think you are spot-on with your dating of these paintings - turn of the century - perhaps 1890-1920. Though attractive, I believe their value is in their decorative quality rather than being the work of a known (listed) artist. Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can anyone identify either of these landscape oil paintings? They seem to be turn of the century

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any signatures or initials? Seeing the backs and knowing the size might help with an id. They look rather generic to me and probably have only minimal decorative value. imo

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

As Palm said they are boilerplate and probably sold to tourists.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The first painting has this marking.The first painting has this marking.and this.and this.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

These are from the second painting.

This is the second painting's signature.This is the second painting's signature.20210228_180534

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I think you are spot-on with your dating of these paintings - turn of the century - perhaps 1890-1920. Though attractive, I believe their value is in their decorative quality rather than being the work of a known (listed) artist. Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@cjmust30 wrote:
This is the second painting's signature.

Those notations on the back don't appear to be a signature, or even the name of the artist. Something may be hidden under the frames.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I agree.  And since this thread is nearly two years old and marked "solved," I'm baffled by its resurrection.

=

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

I agree.  And since this thread is nearly two years old and marked "solved," I'm baffled by its resurrection.

😀  I never noticed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I think the thread was started by the OP about 11 months ago, and the OP just stopped by today to say thank you.  So maybe there's hope for the other 80% of posters who haven't returned :).

Rita 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply