cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted a Return for Authenic 18k

I have accepted a return for 18k earrings that are hallmarked 18k and tested 18k as the customer just doesn't feel they look 18k hence this cutomer now gets me to pay for the return and I get dinged by Ebay. I have a lot of fine jewelry that I need to sell as I have metastatic stage IV terminal cancer and this is the best venue to sell these items quickly. I asked that she take them to her jeweler to authenticate them as I will when they are returned (she refused), though my tester has never been wrong. Will Ebay take this into consideration when I get something in writing from my jeweler?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Accepted a Return for Authenic 18k

Probably not. If the buyer opened a not as described case, then ebay will probably honor the buyer and you will be required to refund. Ebay doesn't know if what you had tested or will have tested after the fact is what was listed or similar or duplicates. 

Just my opinion.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

But you can certainly try and appeal if that's possible.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My advice?  If the earrings returned to you are the ones you sold and are in the same condition they were when you sold them, count yourself lucky, take the small loss, and move on.  

Yes, you can fight a SNAD.  But is it really worth the time, energy, and money to have a jeweler test the earrings and provide a written report for eBay, go through the eBay processes, et cetera, when all you're out is a few dollars for return shipping?   Considering everything else you're facing right now, is this the battle you want to pick?

This kind of return is a cost of doing business in America, where consumers have grown accustomed to "no quibbles and no questions asked" returns.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

" I have a lot of fine jewelry that I need to sell as I have metastatic stage IV terminal cancer and this is the best venue to sell these items quickly. "

-------

That is not correct.

A thorough understanding of eBay.. it's 30 day buyer guarantee...

and Paypal's 180 day return window...

Shows you can get paid.. ship, spend the money, and have to repay it for up to 6 months.

The best venue for fast and permanent cash is not anywhere online.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you all for your replies. when I receive them back I will have my jewler test them and relist them as he does not charge me to authenticate or test. Thank You

Message 6 of 6
latest reply