cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT-Favorite Band/Music ~ Reading C&PM

Hello Friends,

I thought I would mix it up a bit and ask what people listen to (if anything) while reading & posting here. Music is a huge part of my life (for better or worse) but it is always a constant. Does anyone here have a favorite group/band that they listen to and would like to share that with everybody?

I will take that next step. My favorite band is Steely Dan and I listen to "AJA" quite often full blast with my JBL L-112's flexing their might and reading the posts here. It is a cool experience for me and I am in hopes that those who listen to music while perusing this board will share what they listen to. 🙂 No right,no wrong, no scam; it is what it is. Do tell...

richard
Message 1 of 4,186
latest reply
4,185 REPLIES 4,185

glocmt12
Trailblazer
Patsy Cline: Sweet Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b35SkJdDGV4
Message 31 of 4,186
latest reply

glocmt12
Trailblazer
Wow! Fun! Thanks guys!
Message 32 of 4,186
latest reply

You're welcome. If you google the name of the song and then write lyrics it will go to several lyric sites. Be careful to dodge the pop ups when there.

Here is a misheard lyrics site we posted several times but not lately. You only think you know the words to those songs. You could stay lost for days on this site. Is there a song you never quite understood? Check it here.

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/fogartyjohn.shtml
----------------------

I bleep. Therefore I am.
Message 33 of 4,186
latest reply

glocmt12
Trailblazer
When we were little Megan Monohan thought the words were, "Oh Atom Bomb, oh Atom Bomb..."
Message 34 of 4,186
latest reply

Richard,
Get a grip of your thread,:^O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0
Message 35 of 4,186
latest reply

Richard,
Monaco
Message 36 of 4,186
latest reply

Richard,
Long Beach
Message 37 of 4,186
latest reply

Richard,
Monaco Long Beach
Message 38 of 4,186
latest reply

Richard,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LaLaLa:LaLa Beech,
Message 39 of 4,186
latest reply

Have another cold one, Davey.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket
"Time flies like an arrow. But fruit flies like a Banana." Groucho

Message 40 of 4,186
latest reply

Davey, you are out of your bloody mind mate.:^O

Everyone knows you can't watch Tiny Tim youtube videos while reading and posting here! Thanks for the recommendation though I think I will pass on that.
Message 41 of 4,186
latest reply

Hi Glo,

Yes I remember that well! 🙂 Seems like youtube is way more popular than I ever thoght!
Message 42 of 4,186
latest reply

By the way: Mozart, Giuseppe Verdi, Johann Strauss the Younger, Richard Strauss, Wagner...

Little bit of an odd mix, but that's cool. I'm not big on opera (or Classical vocal music in general). I prefer symphonies, concertos, string quartets, piano trios, and a lot of other chamber music.

I just had to post the best definition of Wagner's Ring Cycle I ever heard: "A bunch of fat people screaming at each other in German for what seems like an eternity."
Message 43 of 4,186
latest reply

Hi BOT, I just started to get into some classic music these days thanks to a PBS special I saw with some guy from Holland. I think his name is Andre Reiu and he does classics as well as some contemporary pieces as well. Puts on a great show, and he was just here this month for a Christmas special show/tour. I missed it. 😞
Message 44 of 4,186
latest reply

Andre Reiu is to Classical what Yanni is to heavy metal. Not even close.

It's all fluff showmanship at the expense of the music. I about sprain a finger on the TV remote changing channels (to anything else) when he comes on.
Message 45 of 4,186
latest reply