cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in identifying location of WW II Naval station photograph

Looking for help in identifying the loation of this original photogaph. Likely WW II era, US Naval base,,likelysomewhere in the South Pacific or Pacic Islands.  Any ideas or help in identifying location, name of Naval base, `date, etc. would be apreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help in identifying location of WW II Naval station photograph

Not WW1 it's in color and the plane doing the ariel photography is too high...top that off with no air anything in Pacific during WW1 ...I say its WW2 looks like Hawaii
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

sry read ww1 when I read it ....but my father was a Naval Radioman, stationed in Hawaii during WW2...and every island pic I ever saw in his pictures he brough back looked like the next one.... all the same looking to me can't rell.one from the other and that's what he told me held true.....our planes regularly hit the wrong targets because one looked like the next ....he flew long missions in the Pacific to intercept Japanese radio transmissions and keyed them back to Hawaii to fleet command ...we were so short on pilots at first that he flew with a Rear Admiral as the Pilot who had retired 3 years before the war...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes - WW II as I said.  Thanks for your input  - I suppose it could be Pearl Harbor.though not sure.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Amazing story - thank you to your father for his service.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply