cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why has eBay total stewed up the system?

i am 67 and don't have all the facilitates needed 2 return a item IE camera printer,also i cannot get hold of eBay about a damaged item. seller will not help and is now ignoring me

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kev1kev2 

EBay's Money Back Guarantee covers everyone, no matter how old they are (for the record, I'm older than you are). And it doesn't require that the seller cooperate. Just go to the item in your purchase history, click Return, and select that the item was not as described as the reason. Four business days later go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. They'll send a return shipping label. I believe they also send a QR code you can take to the PO for them to print the label if you can't. Once the seller receives the return you'll be refunded.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you are saying that you received an item that's not as described, why not just open an item not as described case? The seller will be required to either send you a  prepaid return label or reimburse you in advance for the cost of return shipping.  You don't really need to "get hold of eBay".  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

So now I see that you're in the United Kingdom, but I would assume that the process for dealing with an NAD is about the same there as it is here. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@kev1kev2 

EBay's Money Back Guarantee covers everyone, no matter how old they are (for the record, I'm older than you are). And it doesn't require that the seller cooperate. Just go to the item in your purchase history, click Return, and select that the item was not as described as the reason. Four business days later go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. They'll send a return shipping label. I believe they also send a QR code you can take to the PO for them to print the label if you can't. Once the seller receives the return you'll be refunded.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

As you were told easy solution file the dispute. You do not need a camera, printer or any other device. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

AR you in UK? have you needed to open a case in the last few months ? it will not let you proceed without a photo and you need a printer 4 the label .i have found others having problems saying it is 2 much has-sell 2 return now. the system has changed in the last few months

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Some just use a photo from the listing, so you don't need a camera.

There are a lot of places you can get a shipping label printed, so you don't need a printer.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@kev1kev2 wrote:

i cannot get hold of eBay about a damaged item

There is nothing to get ahold of them about.

The returns process is automated.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Why is being 67 relevant?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply