cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller's account removed by ebay

I bought a 2080ti on 5/14/20 from a seller in Malaysia, and the next day I got a message from ebay saying they removed the item from ebay due to concerns with the sellers account and that the item has already been shipped so I don't need to do anything. No tracking information has been uploaded and I cannot contact the seller anymore. When I bought it he said he cannot give me tracking information until the item leaves his country. The estimated delivery date is July 8th. How long should I wait before I open up a item not received case because I doubt it's going to actually arrive?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You have 30 days, so you can wait a few extra days to see if it arrives.

Worrisome as this is, it often happens for some innocent reason and the transaction in progress goes just fine.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

30 days from the estimated date (July 8th) right? Not 30 days from when I ordered it
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Right, although I would open the case sooner than later. Shipping out of Asia right now is way behind.

@mrglock3369 wrote:

No tracking information has been uploaded and I cannot contact the seller anymore. When I bought it he said he cannot give me tracking information until the item leaves his country.

How long should I wait before I open up a item not received case because I doubt it's going to actually arrive?

When a seller's account has been removed by eBay, you can start an Item Not Received dispute right away, then escalate it after 3 business days for a refund. You can always repay the seller if the item eventually arrives (it won't) and is exactly as described (it's a reflashed BIOS).

Go to this page and click Resolve a problem or More actions > I didn't receive it to the right of the removed item. And get your refund after the 3 business days.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I never saw your reply until just now, you said I can open it up right away because the sellers account has been removed. I opened one up today, the estimated delivery date is July 8th. Ebay said I can escalate on the 14th.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply