cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return shipping label

I have a seller that will not send a return shipping label. They told ebay they sent return label but just sent an address, ebay says the seller is responsible for return shipping. What can I do?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

return shipping label

Have you filed an official claim for the return? What kind of claim did you chose?

If so, eBay gives the seller a certain number of days to accept the return, thereby approving a return label. 

If they take no action and that date arrives, you can ask eBay to step in.

If you opened a claim, the date by which the seller would have to take action would be in the return info. When the day arrives and no seller action has occurred, it will have the option to ask them to step in.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

@bgray1958 wrote:

I have a seller that will not send a return shipping label. They told ebay they sent return label but just sent an address, ebay says the seller is responsible for return shipping. What can I do?

Contact eBay CS through ebayforbusiness on facebook or askebay on twitter @bgray1958 . Tell them the seller is refusing to provide a return label. They will put a hold on the return case for 5 days and give the seller a second chance to provide the label. If the seller doesn't provide a label then eBay will either force the label or force a refund without requiring a return.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

The seller responded he sent shipping label but only sent address, so it looks like he sent it.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

Thanks, frustrating

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

My bad. I misread. Do as @wastingtime101   recommended. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

Make sure you send a DM - not a public post @bgray1958 . Sorry forgot to specify that earlier.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

@bgray1958,

What is the reason for you wanting to return the item? If it was a buyer's remorse reason, you not the seller pay the return shipping.  If it was a clothing item that gave a size, but doesn't fit, that is Buyers remorse, Not liking something, found it for less, color is off, can all be considered buyer's remorse by ebay.

It sounds like all you ave done is to contact the seller. If the item doesn't work, arrived damaged, was missing parts or pieces.  You go to your purchase history click on the more actions or return item button, select a reason for the return from the list and send it. That opens an official dispute.  Then the seller would have 3 days to respond by sending a return label (if it qualified as a non remorse reason) or refunding.  On day 4 you could ask ebay to step in.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

some sellers just make life hard

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

Yes or no -- have you actually opened an item not as described case?  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

I filed a return and the seller would not send a return shipping label, I finally got 80% of the cost and did not ship the product back, that just saved me the time for shipping. Sellers no ebay is slow to work, they gave the seller 3 days to send the shipping label, but the seller never sent it, just posted it sent.  I wasted a lot of time with this seller I should not have to bargain a return and that is what happened. The seller refused to send the label is the problem. I got some money back and the seller made money off of me, not good business.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

return shipping label

Why did you settle for a partial refund and waste time going back and forth with the seller?

If you followed the advice I posted above about contacting CS they would have made sure you got a full refund.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply