cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refunded but still says shipped. no explanation from seller.

ordered 4 travel bags of different sizes but same line, matched set. seller marks all 4 shipped in 4 seperate packages. got a refund for the exact amount of one item. paypal shows total payment (all four) and refund but no explanation. seller has not contacted me. i did message asking about this and relize they may need a minute to respond but my delemna is i need to find another and reorder AND RECEIVE before xmas. the seller still shows 7 available so refund seems odd.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Wait and see what the seller says. If you don’t hear from them within 24 hours, try again and explain the urgent timing situation. Keep an eye on the tracking number for that particular piece, and see what is happening with it. 

If you don’t hear back and must have that piece that was refunded and aren’t sure if it will be delivered, I would buy from another seller since you’ve got the money back to pay for it. If it looks like the tracking number says it’s still on time like the rest of the luggage and could be there in time to still buy another if it arrives and isn’t correct then cross your fingers but have several listings on standby just in case.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

ordered 4 travel bags of different sizes but same line, matched set. seller marks all 4 shipped in 4 seperate packages. got a refund for the exact amount of one item. paypal shows total payment (all four) and refund but no explanation. seller has not contacted me. i did message asking about this and relize they may need a minute to respond but my delemna is i need to find another and reorder AND RECEIVE before xmas. the seller still shows 7 available so refund seems odd.

If you don't hear from them by Monday [some sellers do take time off over the weekend], get their contact information and call them.  Because you have a transaction with them, you can get their phone number and that may be your best bet since time is very important now.  Heck you could even do it tomorrow if you are really concerned.

I hope it works out for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

i found another peice from the same collection but different size and shape. i didnt want to have 2 identicle bags "if" the first showed up. i bought from a different seller with gauranteed shipping. my purchase history shows package #1-4 but threw paypal, i retreived actual tracking number and all 4 are the same, one package! i can only assume the refund meant not getting that peice. acording to tracking, the replacement peice will be here wednessday and my originals on friday. while selling an item that wasnt available is bad enough, a refund without any explanation has caused me way more greif!

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

i found another peice from the same collection but different size and shape. i didnt want to have 2 identicle bags "if" the first showed up. i bought from a different seller with gauranteed shipping. my purchase history shows package #1-4 but threw paypal, i retreived actual tracking number and all 4 are the same, one package! i can only assume the refund meant not getting that peice. acording to tracking, the replacement peice will be here wednessday and my originals on friday. while selling an item that wasnt available is bad enough, a refund without any explanation has caused me way more greif!

You have every right to expect an explanation from your seller and I'm very sorry they are not forthcoming with you.  Which is especially important this time of year.  I have no explanation for why your seller did this, but it is certainly annoying and frustrating for you and understandably so.

I hope it all works out to your benefit.  Please do keep us updated.  You are in my thoughts.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

it is the weekend so i might get an answer monday. if not, wait and see! while one bigger package makes sence, a little concerned about 'appearing' to be 4 seperate ones. i buy very little here anymore because of numerous issues. my complaints on here netted me a couple vacations so i took a longer one on my own. probably get booted again for saying it but it would of been easier for me to pay a little more and buy from a reputable online retailer.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I'm sorry you had these issues to the point you don't buy much here anymore, and now you have another one. I understand your frustration. I hope this works out for you.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

it is the weekend so i might get an answer monday. if not, wait and see! while one bigger package makes sence, a little concerned about 'appearing' to be 4 seperate ones. i buy very little here anymore because of numerous issues. my complaints on here netted me a couple vacations so i took a longer one on my own. probably get booted again for saying it but it would of been easier for me to pay a little more and buy from a reputable online retailer.

Well please know that most sellers on Ebay take their jobs seriously.  In the future if you need any help trying to figure out who to buy from come on back, we will help.  Or you are always welcome to write me direct with any issue that may arrise.  I'm happy to assist if I can.  I'm hoping this will all work out in your favor.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

This is so frustrating and I am so sorry you are in this situation.  Hopefully as myangelmyprincess says, you will still receive it in time, or can order from another seller since you got a refund for one.

Possibly the seller is out of stock and was short one item on your order but does not want an out of stock defect.  Possibly he waited for one to come in, and it is on its' way to you.

I hope it all works out for you.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Aww, am I your angel as well as your princess phones now too?!?!😇🥰

Sorry, as soon as I saw that I thought “hey, I resemble that remark!” All about the funny today with me, sorry, but I hope it’s infectious! 🤪
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

This is so frustrating and I am so sorry you are in this situation.  Hopefully as myangelmyprincess says, you will still receive it in time, or can order from another seller since you got a refund for one.

Possibly the seller is out of stock and was short one item on your order but does not want an out of stock defect.  Possibly he waited for one to come in, and it is on its' way to you.

Great advice and the OP already followed it, see post #4.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

the issue is no explanation for refund. i 'assume' it is out of stock and 'assume' it isnt coming since i received a refund. not knowing forced me to buy another elseware. i bought a different bag from same collection so on the off chance i actually get it, my son gets a bigger set. then i need to get my daughter one more item to keep it fair. while dozens of sellers had them in stock and in u.s.a., this seller had 4 of the 5 i wanted. i could of peiced it out over several sellers and saved money but felt using a single seller was better for this very reason. had the explained, i COULD OF bought a different bag from them! they have the replacement bag in stock so they could of offerred a substitution.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Since the seller didn't file a cancellation, it is all guesswork at this point.  If the seller had filed for a cancellation of the item, you would have received an email which would state which reason the seller used.

The lack of response and updates from your seller is absolutely concerning.  It is not the right way to treat customers, that is for sure.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

one tracking number for all 4 has me concerned. am i getting 1, 3 in same box or all 4? wait and see is my only option at this time. assuming the forth isnt in there, do i forget it and move on? ebay would show item received and no refund. guess i just wait and decide how to proceed at that time. had it not been an xmas gift, i would file a snad, send the 3 back and buy all 4 somewhere else.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

one tracking number for all 4 has me concerned. am i getting 1, 3 in same box or all 4? wait and see is my only option at this time. assuming the forth isnt in there, do i forget it and move on? ebay would show item received and no refund. guess i just wait and decide how to proceed at that time. had it not been an xmas gift, i would file a snad, send the 3 back and buy all 4 somewhere else.

If you don't receive the item that has already been refunded to you, just move on.  If some other issue arrises after you receive the packages, lets visit that problem at that time to figure out what your options are.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply