cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You need to verify your account to bid or buy again"

I keep getting this message when I try to buy something.  There is a link included with the message to "get a call" to verify.  Clicking the link sends a code via text to my phone but entering it doesn't fix the problem.  I called customer service when it happened last week and had to answer a bunch of questions from publicly available information (such as "which of these addresses have you lived at in the past").  The whole thing lasted 10 minutes and apparently only verified me to purchase the item I was trying to buy when I got the error.  The next time tried to buy something a few days later I got the same message. This is getting tiresome as I buy a lot of supplies for my Ebay store every month. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No one?  Surely I'm not the first person to have this issue.

I suspect it's also what's giving me the error when  I try to accept an offer.  I'm on the verge of losing a $250 sale because of it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

OK, so I managed to resolve it for the time being.  Got on the customer service chat.  Apparently it's a security thing, which I figured, and they gave me some things to do to minimize the possibility of it happening again

It also fixed the issue with offers.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply