THIER IS NO FREE SPEECH ON EBAY JUST  THEIVS  ALTER THIS E BAY

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

free speech

@uncle_soap wrote:

You mean "There is no free speech on eBay just thieves alter this eBay"

Even after I corrected your misspelled words your post still makes no sense.

Can you come back to elaborate? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

free speech

You can say what you want as long as it doesn't violate community guidelines.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

free speech

@uncle_soap wrote:

It's always a good idea to read feedback before buying an item. You can learn allot from it and how the seller responds to it. Although the sellers negative feedback ratio is not terrible, i would be hesitant purchasing from without messaging them before hand. Questions and concerns can be addressed Before the sale. If you do interact via eBay messages, keep it polite and professional. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

free speech

There is so much confusion about the Constitutional right of free speech. The First Amendment basically states that Congress, i.e, the government, can't prohibit the exercise of free speech. It doesn't address a private company's right to prohibit certain speech in its place of business. So there's absolutely no legal ground for demanding eBay have free speech. Their playground, their rules. The freedom every single person has, however, is the freedom to choose where they shop. If you're unhappy with eBay there is absolutely nothing stopping you from exercising that right.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

free speech

@kathiec wrote:

The First Amendment basically states that Congress, i.e, the government, can't prohibit the exercise of free speech. 

Exactly right.  And the SCOTUS has ruled that the 14th Amendment incorporates parts of the Bill of Rights, including the 1st Amendment, to extend to the States as well. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

free speech

Thank you.  For awhile, I thought that I was the only one who did not understand the OP's message.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

free speech

@soh.maryl wrote:

Thank you.  For awhile, I thought that I was the only one who did not understand the OP's message.  

If i had to guess exactly what the OP was trying to convey was....

Purchased an item from a Seller without looking at the feedback and had a problem with it. Contacted Seller who either did not get back to them or refused them any refund or return. Most likely the Buyer was fed up and sent a message to the Seller using ALL CAPS and Profanity. (or worse) This probably did not help with their case with Ebay and/or claim was denied. Got frustrated and decided to vent with ALL CAPS and Incoherent message.

I could be wrong

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

free speech

Just an enraged "speedwriter" that left out the commas. We have some "speedwriters" that leave posts without all the words and think that they are conveying the message that is in their head and expect others to know what they meant to write.

THIER IS NO FREE SPEECH ON EBAY

JUST  THEIVS (sic)

ALTER THIS E BAY

Message 10 of 10
latest reply