cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay does not protect sellers..

purchas an item..no tracking given...he has 28 neg fb in one month...yet ebay allows him to sell and gives no satisfactswers on the phone ry anw

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@world2end

How many positive feedbacks does he have? It's not the number of negs but the PERCENTAGE of negs to positives that count. Also, sellers are not required to provide tracking.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Also, the time to look at feedback is before you bid or buy.  Check out the item carefully, read the entire description including shipping info, look at pictures thoroughly, and check the sellers feedback percentage, and feedback received and left.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

You mean  buyers.  If the latest estimated arrival date has passed, open up an ITEM NOT DELIVERED case.  Sellers do NOT have to give out the tracking # to the buyer.  Open up the case ONLY if the date has passed.     Come back here if you do not know how to open up a case.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

85 fb ..30 neg in one month...ebay allows him to continue.....

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

WOW...81 FB, 33 neg...

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

It looks like something happened with the seller in the last month. That will be nearly impossible to recover from.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@world2end wrote:

purchas an item..no tracking given...he has 28 neg fb in one month...yet ebay allows him to sell and gives no satisfactswers on the phone ry anw

Have you tried opening an "Item Not Received" case from within the Resolution Center?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@world2end wrote:

85 fb ..30 neg in one month...ebay allows him to continue.....desalestore78

Selling on ebay is never taken lightly, but it is a big organization and cause-and-effect isn't always immediate.  Ebay's computers review sellers either quarterly or monthly, at such time some sellers such as the one you describe may face some dire news... Selling on ebay is a privilege, meaning it can be revoked.  With a very bad review I believe it is possible to lose one's selling privileges instantly, completely and forever.

So to anyone considering selling on ebay, it is my suggestion take it seriously.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@deep-garnet-red wrote:

It looks like something happened with the seller in the last month. That will be nearly impossible to recover from.

Doesn't look like that's their biggest worry. The only time you see something like that is they for real sick or died. 

You can call me Tony
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@world2end,

You say the seller has 80 feedback, but how many of those are for selling besides the negatives? Are the rest of the feedback for buyng only, and are all but a couple over a year old?  If so and the item you bought was listed at a too good to be true price, then you may have run into a hacked account. 

If the seller's feedback were mostly for selling and up until recently all good except for the recent negatives, then something may have happened to the seller.  However,  to me 30 negs seems like an awful lot, if the seller's total number of feedback is low.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

ebay is now a junk dealer..ive returned 6 of the last 10 items..im pretty much done...a refund doesnt help when i need to use the tool i bought. now i have to shop again..what a bunch of **bleep** ebay has become

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

this is not the only one..ive returned 6 out the last 10things  i bought...what good is a refund   (in 3 weeks!!) when i need the tool TODAY..ebay is just a junk dealer whom im done with

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

of course....but what good is getting a refund in 3 weeks when i need the tool TODAY..ebay has become a junk dealer..ive returned 6 out of the last 10 things. now i have to shop again...will ebay pay for my time? **bleep**!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Six months later & you are still buying cheap junk from China based sellers with poor feedback yet expect a quality product...smh

Message 15 of 17
latest reply