cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay temporarily restricted my account, will i still get my orders?

eBay temporarily restricted my account for some reason, 3 days after I bought a couple items.

Are the items still going to arrive? Or will eBay contact the seller to stop the shipment? If the latter happens, how do I ask for a refund?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Restrictions only affect your ability to enter into transactions going forward. They don't have any effect on transactions that have already taken place. It's quite common for eBay to ask for additional information to verify account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You just registered here a few days ago, so that's strange, and also strange that a buyer would be restricted.  I see that you have already made purchases, and have FB, so not paying is not the reason.

What actual reason were you given for the restriction? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buying limits and restrictions 

Your items should arrive.

The reason eBay restricted your account should be in the message you received. They don’t restrict accounts for the fun of it, there’s always a reason. 
My guess is You're new to the site, and are making a lot of purchases or buying expensive items.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

According to eBay, 

"We understand this may be inconvenient, but we’ve identified a possible discrepancy with the information provided at registration and need your assistance. Until we're able to resolve this matter, your account will remain restricted and you will be unable to buy/sell items, or engage in member-to-member communication.

To help remove the restriction, please provide a color image of your passport. If you do not have a passport readily available, please provide an alternate government-issued ID (front and back). "

Which is ridiculous. All my info is correct, I sent the requested files. Hopefully they'll reply soon.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Restrictions only affect your ability to enter into transactions going forward. They don't have any effect on transactions that have already taken place. It's quite common for eBay to ask for additional information to verify account.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Saudi Arabia has different mailing restrictions. Some buyers usually do a "freight forward" service and do not have packages sent to their home addresses. Not sure that is why. I only sell stamps and those normally would go freight forward. Not really sure what the restrictions are. Might be best to check mailing of items entering your country before any more purchases. Just a thought.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply