cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay did not get back to my report of fraud

I ordered a phone from a seller who sold it as new, but upon arrival I clearly noticed the phone was refurbished and also malfunctioning. The seller is claiming this is not the case. I signalled the case to eBay about one month ago, but I never got an answer. Shouldn't eBay commit to prompt answers to fraud claims?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay is not going to respond about any actions taken or not taken against another member in a fraud claim.

Did you return the phone? That's the process you should be concerned about.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The buyer won't let me return the phone officially, they ask me to ship it informally to a shady warehouse, which of course I don't trust.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you're within 30 days from delivery then you need to file a return request because the item wasn't as described.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@scubigatto 

Have you tried this:

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There is no such thing as the seller not letting you return an item that was not as described.

You have 30 days after receipt of the item to open an item not as described case.

After opening that case, your seller has three days to send you a prepaid return label and is required to refund you in total after he receives the returned item.

You really need to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@scubigatto,

"I signalled the case to eBay about one month ago, but I never got an answer".

How did you "signal the case"?  Did you use the more actions box next to the listing on your purchase history page to return the item for not being as described?  That is how one "signals" reports a problem to ebay.

When you do that, The Dispute shows up on your My eBay Summary page, and you can open it to see replies or the time frame ebay gives you to ask them to step in. 

A seller would have 3 days to reply by either sending a return shipping label or issuing a refund if they do not want to pay for the return. If they don't reply on day 4 you can ask ebay to step in.

You have 30 days to file disputes from the day tracking showed delivered, or if tracking was not used from the last estimated delivery date, to file disputes.  If you file a dispute you have 30 days from the day you file to ask ebay to step in. After that the dispute is closed for inaction.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply