cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do not deal sellers - restict searches to exclude them?

Is there an option / search function if you like, to ensure one will no longer see any item listed by a seller you do not want to deal with?

Searched high and low, but could not find one.

Reasoning:

there are sellers out there (no, I will not mention names) auctioning one and the same item (an item which is supposed to be one of a kind) on multiple accounts, and for that reason alone; I want nothing to do with any of them. I do not even want to see them.

Same would apply to a search option for sellers having a feedback rating below a threshold (threshold to be set by buyer off course).

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You cannot simply block a seller the way that a seller can block a bidder or buyer, but you can exclude the seller's items from appearing in a specific search.

From your search results, go to the Advanced Search page to the seller section, select "only show items from" and then check "exclude". Enter up to ten seller usernames separated by commas and hit "search". Then bookmark or save the search results.

If you use the bookmarked or saved search results as the basis for further searches, you can continue to exclude those sellers' items from your results.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ahh, I see....totally missed the option to exclude certain sellers. Thank you.

(Sad to see it is limited to only 10, but for now I guess it would suffice).

Thank you.

Cased closed.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are very welcome.

It may be possible to block more than ten usernames at a time, but at some point the search URL gets too long and stops being interpreted correctly, and you may suddenly see no results at all. If that happens, try removing one of the blocked seller usernames and see if that works better.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

People have wanted it since the start of eBay.   It would add a big load to the servers.  We lost the search wildcard option to lessen the load.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply