cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dishonest seller

Hi I bought a coffee table from a lady whom I kept sending a bid to she came back to me saying I could have it cash for the £50 reduction if asked for it was originally £350 I bid her £300 we agreed and I collected the item she changed the time and day several times it was dark when I eventually went to collect when I dot it home it was quite damaged she agreed to send me £50 to pay for a repair but never did she had the table turned on its side which was odd and I was stupid but trusted her as she is a regular seller but was unwilling g to accept my bid via eBay I now know that’s not how it should have been bought 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

dishonest seller

Was this item sold on eBay? Did you receive a QR code for the Local pick up? 
Or did this transaction take place off eBay?

If you did an off eBay transaction then eBay can’t help you. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

dishonest seller

It sounds like this transaction was off-eBay.  Plus there is the fact that you had the chance to inspect it, but didn't do so.  

eBay does not offer any help when you take a transaction off eBay.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

dishonest seller

@juliefinhotmailcom,

You have posted your issue on eBay's  U.S. based site's community (ebay.com)  since you are located in the U.K. you should have posted it on your home site's community ( https://community.ebay.co.uk/ )

If your seller did not have the item listed with "local Collection" as a shipping method, then you took the transaction off ebay, and lost your Money Back Guarantee (MBG) protections.  If the seller did have local Collection as a shipping option, then you should have received a message with a 6 digit code the seller would have to enter to the Order details in order for there to be MBG protections and as proof they you did pay through ebay. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply