cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canceling "commited to buy

ive put this thing ion my cart and acidently pressed commited to buy on accident and when i relised it was to late to cancel this order can you help me please.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You would need to go to your purchase history and click "Contact Seller" next to the listing in the drop down menu "More Actions" and ask the seller if they will cancel, understand the seller is not required to cancel your accidental purchase.

Sorry, but I don't buy the "I committed to buy on accident" story, there are several windows to click to confirm a purchase which would have given you a clue that you were about to buy "the thing".

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The first thing to do is contact the seller.  And be aware that he isn't required to do so at your request.

As others have stated, the buying process actually takes more than one click.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The only way to "Commit to buy" from the Cart is to "Request a total" for multiple items from the same seller (I don't think it will let you do it unless you have multiple items in the Cart from that seller).

In any event it is up to the seller to cancel the order or not.  S/he is not under any obligation to fix YOUR mistake.  Obviously you were leaning to buying the item(s) since you added it to your Cart, so just go ahead and pay for it (them) and enjoy what you wanted to buy.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@ben-5594 

In addition to the good advice you've been given I would add that putting things that you're merely considering in your cart is not a best practice. You should only place things in your cart when you're ready to buy. Listings you're still considering should go in your Watchlist. Here's some information on the Watchlist and how to use it:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/search-tips/watchlist?id=4046

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I disagree with all of the replies because, on several occasions, I've inadvertently placed things in my cart.  Probably sleepy with my finger on a phone touch screen. In which case I've opened the cart and removed them.  In your case, if seller won't cancel sale, then just don't pay for it and take the strike. Don't do this again for a full year at least. Nobody sells to 2 strike buyers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

I disagree with all of the replies because, on several occasions, I've inadvertently placed things in my cart.  Probably sleepy with my finger on a phone touch screen. In which case I've opened the cart and removed them.  In your case, if seller won't cancel sale, then just don't pay for it and take the strike. Don't do this again for a full year at least. Nobody sells to 2 strike buyers.

Since you disagree with the other replies then why don't you explain exactly how the poster CAN remove the item once they committed to buy it?

I do not know of a way once the purchase has been committed to purchase.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply