Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Size of items

A few of the things I've been getting are much smaller than the picture shows, especially the games, toys, and utensils. It would be nice if eBay would require a seller to list the actual size of what's being sold.

Did I Buy $3,000 of Counterfeit Stamps? Listings got Taken Down

Hey. I bought $3,000 of stamps on eBay through 2 product listings (2 different sellers but noticed they're both in UK). I wanted to buy more but noticed that both listings got taken down. If they're taken down, I'm assuming something's wrong. I read ...

Will I get a strike for a bid retraction?

A few days ago I bid on an item and discovered after the bid - through a conversation with the seller via PM - that the item had a broken piece and 4 missing pieces. Without these the item is unusable and it will cost me $100+ to obtain the replaceme...

How is someone bidding 32 sec after time is up?

I'm new to this so I may just not understand. I found an item my daughter wanted. There was just 1 bidder at the time. Today a cpl other bidders came and brought it up about $10 more at 66 dollars. I did some research and signed up for esnipe. I put ...

Feedback is a joke

Seller posts a photo of a sound meter & lists it as a humidity meter they look the same until you zoom in so buyer makes a offer seller accepts buyer realises the photo doesn’t match and messages seller seller doesn’t respond item doesn’t arrive sell...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

Monthly Chat - December 14th at 1:00 pm PST

Hi everyone! This month’s chat will be an open forum for you to ask questions to the Community Team. Post your questions here on December 14th at 1PM PST so we can have an informative and fun filled chat!

User avatar by Community Team Community Team
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay wrongfully removing negative feedbacks

seler doesn't communicate and ignores messages he prints shipping labels when he gets paid and does not ship on time to manipulate the system i've seen several people leave him negative feebdack which i have screencapped for the valid reason he doesn...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Ebay escalated my INR request without my asking. Is this normal?

I bought a rare widget that did not arrive and the seller did not provide me a tracking number. But because the seller is new to eBay, and given the USPS's numerous delays, I decided not to submit a INR request until the very last minute in order to ...

Ebay vendors sending false tracking numbers

Recently there appears to be a group of vendors offering TetraFin Goldfish Flakes Fish Food 4.52Lb Bucket for sale that are scammers.Twice I have ordered this item from two different vendors, both vendors gave false tracking numbers at theoretical sh...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Issues with Seller, Should I allow extra time for Holiday?

Won and paid for an auction on November 16. The seller sent a message that they had just returned from being out of the country but would send the items either Monday or Tuesday morning at the latest which was the 22nd. Late on Tuesday, I messaged an...

Shill Bidding

I suspected Sellers practicing shill bidding for some time and I sent 1 Seller a screenshot of the page I reported them to eBay and he was bold enough to relist the item within 24 hours at a set price which I also sent off to eBay. Another Seller whe...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors