Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Bots and Kids

What is eBay gonna do about all the bots and kids bidding on this site? It makes it impossible to get anything. Place bid on an item, then a 0 feedback account bids it up, bids it up, bids it up. If you counter bid, it bids more, then it wins the auc...

did not receive my order

my order number is28-10087-41024 a 50 gallon portable water barrel. Tracking said it was delivered on June 7th?

SCAM: phone reported as stolen and disabled just after 30 days

I received the item in question a Samsung Galaxy S23 new but right after 30 days Samsung disabled it because it was reported as stolen or "there were issues with a trade in". I contacted Samsung but they couldn't help without the original email and o...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Used Shark robot vacuum

I bought a used Shark vacuum. It was sent as a housewarming gift. The receiver of the gift said it was making a noise. It was opened and it was filled with what appeared to be animal hair. It was cleaned out and now it works. I contacted buyer with a...

Buying as guest

I am a member of eBay. Can I also buy things as a guest, for example, a surprise gift? Or is there a mandate that we must use our accounts? Thanks.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay automatically paid my winning item without my permission?

this never has happened to me before and I didn’t not get any notice in email nor did I ever signed up or agreed to have automatic payment option on buying. When I buy or bid and win an item, I always get an email from ebay saying I won or please pay...

Gould 6600 amplifier chassis

I am looking for manuals for Gould instruments Model 6600 chassis/cage, as well as manuals for modules in the 6600 series ie; MU13-6618-10S and others...Thanks...Bob... Schibaelectronics

Just Found Out I purchased fake AirPods Pro in February

Hello everyone, I’m wondering if there’s anything that can be done. I purchased some “open box” AirPod Pros on eBay on Feb 22. The case lid was becoming loose, so I took them to an Apple Store. The store employee advised me that the AirPods are fake....

What a mess...what to do...

I bought 7 ACEO's from a seller, actually won them at auction for .99 each. Seller had 2.35 each for s/h so I of course messaged first to ask if she offered combined shipping. She said yes so I bid on them. I won them and asked for a request total th...

saved items

where can i see my save items dont see any way to get them on the ebay page.

User avatar by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Chargeback on sale

Hello all, I sold an item worth over $1000 , it went through authentication and the buyer says it arrived damaged. They started a case without requesting a refund first and they lost the case. Ebay did not grant the return. Now they are saying they a...

Buyer unable to cancel an order

The item hasn't been shipped and trying to cancel the order I get this message as the buyer. I've seen this happen before. Anybody know why this happens? Can the seller put restrictions on buyers canceling orders even though they haven't shipped

New account permanently suspended after first bid

I made a new account a couple days ago and today I wanted to buy a graphics card. I added my credit card and made my first bid, someone overbid me and I tried to bid again. Then the site told me that my account had a buy restriction placed on it. So ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

sneaker authentication problem

I ordered sneakers on June 26th and didn't notice that the delivery date was July 13th which seemed odd. It says my item has been shipped to authenticator and then it also says that a label has been created.. on top of that the seller apparently trie...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors