Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Fraud on ebay, site doesn't provide options

Hello Ebay,I'm a customer of this platform for over a decade. I've purchased an item in early July that I've not received. As well, the seller no longer exists on ebay. This all points to fraud. I tried to start a return because it wasn't received, o...

Receiving an item after issuing a refund.

On August 26th, I purchased an item from a seller that did not include package tracking. It was supposed to arrive between September 2nd and September 4th. On the 9th, I issued a refund and it went through today. On the 9th, the seller told me that h...

Sales Tax Charged on Tax-Free Items. Who Do I Contact?

I was charged sales tax on at least two separate occasions that I believe should have been tax-free. It is my understanding that a purchase of precious metals, in the amount of over $1000.00, in one transaction and on the same invoice, is tax-free. Y...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Issue with Returning Item

I bought an item, and its condition was not fully disclosed, and seller accepted return. However I can't print a label for return because the seller refunded before I could do so and now the return is closed. The seller is asking me to return the ite...

Seller blocked me from bidding?

I wanted to bid on something,, notification came up that the seller blocked me.Is that common? I have a pretty good record for paying. I think I forgot to pay for one item in 10 years.Why would they block me?emails to seller were unanswered.

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help with a fake listing

I hope someone can help me. I am certain that the listing from which I purchased a bike was fake. I made the purchase on May 31 and I have not heard from the seller despite sending multiple messages. I have opened a case with eBay but the matter has ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 20 replies
  • 1 helpful

I think they scammed me with an offer now

Hello. I made the payment for an offer now for this product MEGGER TTRU3 PRO - TRUE 3 PHASE TRANSFORMER TURN RATIO (Item number 931520474496) to this seller PAWNSHOP (4295), I received an email with the eBay account information (Which I attached in t...

PLEASE read and RESEARCH

eBay has the most impersonal customer service ever! I am partially blind and an older lady. I bought a $20 item and was sent the wrong item by the seller:chiefstiques. He lied to me once and perhaps twice (sending me into a 5 hour search to try to fi...

immediate pay on offers

Ran into a new Ebay policy that sucks.I won an auction yesterday so I checked to see what else the seller had.Found an item which was Buy it Now or Best Offer. I filled out the offer but out-popped a prepay authorization requiring immediate payment f...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 16 replies
  • 5 helpful

Resolved! seller communication

i am wondering how to do feedback on people [sellers who do not communicate with you on their products]. it seems to be a trend lately to ignore the buyers questions and concerns about the items they want or have just bought. should i put positive or...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors