Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Unbelievably Bad Customer Service

Seller sold me a a deck engagement cable on October 28, paid immediately. Seller states 1 business day shipping in the listing. Sell never shipped and days later I followed up by e-mail and was ignored by the seller. However, the seller did post a tr...

Delays, delays!

We appear to be getting into the holiday silly season, where mail gets bogged down, and sellers delay getting beyond 'a shipping label has been printed,' or forget to ship, period. Also, tracking (if provided) doesn't update until the item has disapp...

High Volume Sellers Offering Free Priority Shipping

Avoid Purchasing Rubber Tip Chair Feet from these sellers. This particular item must be cursed. The Carriers they use for shipping are unreliable. Two transactions and still no packages. Tracking shows delivered. No packages. One seller claims it was...

Resolved! Can’t complete purchase of a seller private offer.

Seller offered a private offer to me of an item I was watching. When I attempt to buy I cannot. I also cannot contact the seller. I appear to be locked out! Long time eBayer, first time I’ve ever seen this! I would still like to purchase, but I can’t...

IMG_1155.png IMG_1154.png

I'm sick and tired of the ENDLESS SECURITY CHALLENGES just to surf eBay.

Is everybody else being SLOWED down and ANNOYED on their HOME COMPUTERS, with contstant security challenges and having to identify TALL BUILDINGS !!!! If you're going to pester us CONSTANTLY, how about showing us GIRLS IN BIKINI'S and asking us which...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! Counter Offer Time Remaining Confusion

Hi all, I recently received an offer to buy an item I had in my watch list. I waited a little over a day to decide if I wanted the item, then a few hours ago I went ahead and made a counter-offer. When I look at my "Bids/Offers" page I see the counte...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Tracking won’t update and buyer already opened up a refund case

I shipped the item a week ago and tracking hasn’t updated. This has happened before and it takes time but buyer is inpatient and wants a refund. There is a good chance it will end up being deliver. He already opened up a refund case, so I just issue ...

Ebay issued my a full refund. Now what?

Without getting into it, I bought an item on Ebay which was not as described. I filed for a refund. Ebay issued me a full refund. Now what? its been a few days since the refund and I've heard nothing from the seller. Aren't they supposed to send me a...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Scam sellers need vetted -- it's getting ridiculous

I recently purchased a scratch touch-up marker for about $20. Immediately after entering the purchase, the seller instantly changed the delivery date -- by several weeks. So I immediately requested a cancellation, and they refused. Now the seller no ...

Buying an iPhone

I'm a long time buyer/seller though mostly inactive for several years. I've purchased several iPhones in the past but things seem radically different now. Hopefully, someone has a helpful tip or two. I started looking for a used iPhone 2 weeks ago. I...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this vendor trying to extort a good review on a bad product?

I purchased a product from this vendor: excessive-inc . The vendorship to the product. The product was defective. I contacted the vendor and the vendor sent an equally defective replacement. My contacted the vendor again and the vendor again sent ano...

Incomplete package delivery

Recall the purchase of a Coleman Bottle Top Stove which was shipped through Walmart. The Bottle itself was not included in the shipment. In its place was a pack of Bonai Alkaline Batteries. How do I use the Stove without the bottle? I’m so disappoint...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help on a return

I purchased a controller on oct 16th, i received it however it was a fake. The seller offered returns so i shipped it back within the amount of time. The seller is now saying they have not received it and opened a case which is now closed. I can no l...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

SCAM SURVEY EBAY AD

Today on EBAY I had a flashing ad that said take a survey win a prize. I'm very skeptical of anything online these days. Having said that I trust Ebay and have been using it for nearly 20 years now. I clicked on the Survey and it was a 9 question sur...

EBAY SCAM SURVEY.png
Most Marked as Helpful Authors