Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Multiple seller accounts Scam?

Been on Ebay selling and buying since the beginning, never had this issue and am worried I and others maybe being scammed.I purchased four like items, all from different sellers within a few days. When they arrived the postage was from the States the...

Resolved! Best Offer and high starting prices

I've been looking for a commodity for a couple of weeks now. I have a reasonable handle on what the usual starting point is (generally it's BIN), and there are a number of sellers within a dollar or two of that price point. I'm seeing several sellers...

User avatar by Guide
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problems with Previous purchase

Not sure this is the right board...but here goes (and this will be lengthy): I purchased an unlocked Galaxy S7 on Feb. 27 for use with Consumer Cellular (they use both AT&T and T-Mobile networks). Unfortunately, in my rural area I've been unable to g...

Chinese seller saying that he is not allowed to ship batteries

I bought a remote control for an LED strip from a chinese seller. The description says that the remote would come with a battery, but it did not. I messaged the seller that the remote is missing the battery, and that's what he said:yk_techHi dear, Go...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sick & Tired of Ebays **bleep**

This is the last straw. Ebay has now restricted me from communicating with buyers because I made a sale outside Ebay. I don't give a what the policy says, when I have a customer that wants to make a deal on a multipal items, I'm not going to waste ti...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Search Format

The new format for searching catagories is horrible. It's confusing, time consuming and I can't find some catagories at all.

Resolved! Ebay buying

I find good deals on ebay then any other place.

Searching on Ebay is horrible

I guess the upside here is Ebay has saved me a lot of money by not buying. Searching is so troublesome now, especially on ebay motors. Look for 1972 Pontiac Tempest and get 20 pages of seat covers, steering wheel covers, screws and everything else im...

Resolved! Seller cancellations

I know I'm just venting, but I am so frustrated. I have been trying for quite some time to buy a "brush pot" that I like, but I have been unsuccessful. Mostly, other bidders outbid me, and that's ok. Then there are sellers who cancel my bids and clos...

I didn´t receive item and I can´t get a refund (the seller "disappeared"). What can I do?

Hi, English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistake. I won a auction in november 02, 2016 for a "pre-order" game. I paid around 300 usd (shipping included) the same day and the seller told me that he would sent me the game wh...

Resolved! Seller trying to get item back one month after shipping

I received a notice a month after receiving an item that the seller was crediting the amount and wanted it back. I gave his as a gift. The person has said no to returning it and I have no clue what to do other than contacting my lawyer to resolve his...

Resolved! Inspecting a high vaue item prior to purchase

Located a foam dispensing unit at a initial price of $10,000. I wish to inspect the item prior to purchasing the high value item. Seller indicates ebay won't allow the address to be revealed. How can I get an address for the item? ThanksPat

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer received item, has not paid

A 100% seller bought a $5 item from me and I put it in the mail before I received payment. It was a nominal value and I never experienced any issues with any 100% buyers/sellers prior to this. I have communicated with her and she LOVES her item and s...

Sellers we LOVE to HATE: Stealing rates (er, shipping rates) and bad attitudes

Just a little rant here after an uncommonly bad streak of interacting with deeply unpleasant sellers. You know the types: Act as if you are a nuisance or making things up when asking them about contradictions in their auctions.For the books recently:...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors