Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Chinese radio buying

This is about the deception of a Chinese seller. This seller has an Ebay store with a certain name, but, is actually another company. The Ebay store sold me an item, and, after 5 months it froze. I did the reset and it got it going, but, it only show...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! If seller never checks his ebay messages - should I open a case with PayPal ?

I purchased a defective item from the Girl Scouts IT department (really). They have a seldom used ebay account with only two transactions. The lady does not monitor her ebay messages. I believe I have read that requesting an ebay return may not take ...

Resolved! The seller changes his user name

Hi In March, I bought several goods from one seller. Now he changed his name. Do I have to worry about it and I will get my goods from it? More than 20 days there is no tracking information, only "A tracking number was provided". He did not have nega...

Resolved! Thought on negative or neutral feedback

In the last few month I have been buying pottery and have been extremely disappointed in that at least 50% of the items I have purchased arrive not as described. They are described as no cracks no defects no chips in excellent condition and then arri...

Ordered x2 of item. Seller shipped x1 in box but used same tracking number for both items

I'm curious if any other buyers have encountered this problem. I purchased a quantity of 2 of the same item (new in box) and the seller used the same tracking number for both items. When I received the package (a brown box containing the boxed item i...

Resolved! Item paid hours after auction ended, seller hasn't shipped and ignores requests for ship date

On April 7 I won an auction for a bread maker, paid next morning. All but a couple sellers ive dealt with ship either next day or a couple days later, but i know the rules so i waited. After six days i sent seller a message "when will item ship?" no ...

Resolved! item not received

Hallo!I made a purchase in 23 February.The item didn't arrive as per usual (they didn't have a tracking number), and i contacted the seller in 13 March!A few days later, he told me to wait 28 working days after the dispatch date, cause sometimes ther...

Do not buy perfume or cologne from this seller!

I just went thru an awful experience. My husband already had a bottle of Ralph Lauren Supreme Oud from Dillards, and he liked it so much that i've decided to get him a back up bottle from ebay. My first time ever receiving a fake, other than for jado...

Shipping Cost DSR Rating Grayed-out even though I Paid Shipping

Several times when leaving feedback for a seller, the DSR for Shipping Costs is missing, as if I got free shipping, but I didn't, I paid shipping costs. Why is Ebay giving some sellers 5-stars for shipping costs automatically, even when it is not "fr...

feedback

Why is it that sellers will not post feedback for a buyer until the buyer has posted first?. I have had this happen several times and now dont leave feedback at all. My thought is that when I make a payment that , have fulfilled my part of the transa...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 34 replies
  • 1 helpful

merchant switching payment methods after the sale is completed

Beware of the merchant who sells with the indication of a credit card transaction and then does the old cash advance surprise the next day to your credit card . Wow you get hit with the minimum fee charge and start accuring interest at the ridiculous...

"New" item sold on Ebay has no warranty

First, let me say that this has nothing to do with the honest/integrity of the seller: if the item they sell is completely unused, sealed in the original box, and contains all parts/accessories and papers, then it is "new". However: it does not mean ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 5 helpful

Resolved! Automatic buyer feedback

If you went to a store, and made a purchase, you'd be a little miffed if the cashier didn't say thank you. It shouldn't be much different on eBay. If I make a purchase, and a timely payment, perhaps feedback should become automatic, after a period of...

is this shill bidding?

here are 4 different listings of the same item - in all 4 cases the highest bidder retracted all bids - also, it seems there is a second "person" who also bid on each of these 4 listings - the bidder who retracted all 4 bids has a 90%+ bidding rate w...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

The Flip Side

We read an awful lot about how so many stores are closing due to competition from the web. We read how people seem to prefer buying off the web while sitting at home in their Jammies instead of getting dressed and driving to stores the way we always ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors