Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Auction bidding fraud

Ok so like 5 days ago I bet on like 7 auctions and was immediately outbid I bid 5 on each and they bid 5.50 and then I bid on like 65 more immediately out but again back step for a second there were 400 auctions starting at a penny all the same and I...

Resolved! Make offer option

Recently my experience on Ebay have been problematic. These issues are made more frustrating by the absence of management to ask to address the problems. I am an Ebay user with many years of experience however I use Ebay infrequently. This morning I ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Legit or Not?

- item sells for $250 but all similar items sell for 3x that much - item says brand new never worn but doesn't come with tags or the original box and other items in this ebayer's store are described as not having inner tags (to identify the brand) or...

Resolved! What does it mean?

What does it mean when you see an auction and the seller has a feedback number but no positives or negatives or even a feedback percentage?

Resolved! Really a scam?

26 Jan 2020 - I placed my order.27 Jan 2020 - Seller said my order has been shipped.31 Jan 2020 - I contacted the seller for enquiry about the shippment.1 Feb 2020 - Seller replied he/she will check the shipment.4 Feb 2020 - I contacted the seller th...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Offers I made disappeared. Not cool!

I’m a longtime ebay member with a great track record. I mainly deal with electronics and musical products. This is first time I’ve seen the following: I made an offer on an item that had the Make Offer option, a good seller. I offered, the buyer coun...

Resolved! How badly do you want this item?

I get the emails after making an offer. And I wonder if............ Instead of sending an offer, I should just ask the seller............... How badly do you want to sell this item?

Seller said pristine condition but the item was in bad condition

I was looking to buy an Oculus Rift CV1 on here. I found a listing of an Oculus that looked good. They only had one picture and the description didn't state anything except that it was used. I messaged the seller asking if it was the CV1 model and th...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller is away but now they are going to be away longer

I ordered from a seller knowing that they were away for a bit which I didn't mind, I ordered it around January 24th. They were suppose to come back Feburary 14th and now it says March 31st. I tried canceling the order but it says I can't and i have t...

Paypal rediculousness

Ok, so in my membership with ebay/paypal over the last 20 years, I have endured (and reluctantly) accepted several changes that have slowly uprooted ebay from its original base.Maybe someone has heard of this but its new to me.And if it is new PP pra...

• 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Warranty, what Warranty?

In November 2016 I purchased a refurbished Android-based tablet from a Seller who specifically stated the device includes a "5 Year Warranty". I contacted the Seller in advance of the purchase to learn how the warranty would be applied and, based on ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

BEWARE: eBay Incorrectly charging Sales Tax on Clothing in Massachusetts

In Massachusetts, clothing less than $175 are exempt from sales tax. (http://www.tax-rates.org/massachusetts/sales-tax) I was incorrectly charged sales tax on my last two orders, two sweatshirts each less than $175. I called customer service and spok...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors