Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Canceling an order

Hello,Here is the story. I ordered an item and it did not show up as purchased on My Ebay. I go back to the item and I did and still don't see any info about the store being temporarily closed or anything. It actually told me, If I purchase it now, i...

horrible seller

To my fellow Ebayers hope everyone stays safe and healthy, i recently won an auction for a 2din radio fair and square and paid right after,then i received a message from the seller asking for money cause they needed it for shipping costs and to send ...

Bought package from China. Now I'm concerned

I purchased an item a while back and I noticed that it's from Wuhan where the current outbreak of a virus is. I am concerned that if I open the package, I will get infected. What do I do or what precautions should I take? I already contacted the sell...

"Proxy Shipping" Items sold as US Stock but shipped from china in reality.

Hello there! I'm a very enthusiastic (and old user) on eBay. I was always hoping that ebay finds its way to get over Amazon. But it seems that always someone finds a way to screw all. I stopped buying from users that ships from China. I had problems ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Model Trains

My headache is looking for specific items that work. Since all one needs is a 9 volt battery, when I see "untested" on a listing for, say, lionel 0625 pacific locomotive, I automatically know that means that the model is broken -- and the seller know...

Resolved! Poly Bubble Mailer - Beyond Frustrating

I need a bunch of Poly bubbled mailer\s = envelopes in exactly this size: 9 x 7 x 1There are none coming up in search, so I changed the search words to CD mailers, then DVD mailers - nothing similar in size. Found some white ones in sizes similar - 9...

Sales tax not being refunded on a return.

I returned an item and was refunded the purchase price and shipping, but I was not refunded the sales tax. I had a long exchange with the seller to get the refund of the shipping and he stated that the tax was charged by eBay and he would not refund ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBAY PROTECTING CHINESE SCAMMERS........

Waiting a month for an item listed as in USA and seller is in China..... Bogus email addresses , a CHINESE TRACKING NUMBER showing sitting in Rochester NY for 2 weeks and EBAY places complaint ON HOLD FOR 2 WEEKS!! So much for """DEALING SAFELY ON EB...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! No idea what to do about this seller

Back in March, I bought something from a seller. I waited until three days after the latest arrival date. Then I messaged the seller asking if she had shipped yet. She didn’t respond, so a couple days later, I claimed INR with ebay. Five days later, ...

Bidding in Auction with Buy It Now

I was bidding in an auction that also had a Buy It Now at the start. The bid was higher than 50% of the item price and also there was no reserve. However, the Buy It Now button did not disappear and someone came in after the auction started and did B...

Item shipped, listing and seller removed

HI all - I noticed a thread from back in 2013 about a pulled listing usually means the seller is removed as well. This just happened to me. I ordered an item - ship date 4/13 to 4/15 (today). When I check the shipping details to see where it is, it s...

Reaching temporary buying restrictions apparently at random?

I keep getting this error randomly, even through Buy It Now: You’ve reached a temporary buying restriction.You can only buy items where you can pay immediately at checkout. To continue, find an item with an immediate payment method and click on the “...

Gucci authenticity check

Hi there! I am looking to purchase this Gucci shirt but I am unsure if it is authentic. They said they purchased from a Gucci store but have no receipt. It says made in Italy on the neck tag however I am no good at spotting fakes. If anyone could hel...

Money back guarantee

Hi,a little unsure what buyer protection I’d have if a seller goes bust because of the covid situation.I want to buy a ‘made to order’ shed, but the seller’s material suppliers are all currently you shut down. If I place the order now, but the seller...

How to use Boolean operators in ebay search

@curtisdamberm writes: How can I use "or" "and" and "not" in searches. I have something I want and there are dozens of lengths they come in. I want only the ones that are 28" to 36". Why can't I search **** 28 OR 30 OR 32 OR 34 OR 36. Ebay seems to o...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors