Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How long should I wait???

So how long should I wait to file a claim? I ordered an item coming from Canada, and the seller shipped it right away. On June 30, tracking stated "Inbound Out of Customs" in Chicago, and said it should been to me by July 7th. Well it is the 15th, an...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller gives insulting responses, trying to get my refund for defective product!

Ordered a mini sewing machine to make pillowcases for baby pillows. When I tried to use it, I found it had a few defects, and didn't even work for a simple task like that. So I requested a return on Ebay, and it was approved. Ebay said that I would r...

Resolved! Shill Bidding?

I have been bidding on auctions from a seller for months now and have noticed in the last month the same person bidding and then retracting bids on several of the same items I am bidding on. Sometimes they will bid several hundred dollars more than t...

Does this sound like fraud?

Probably is but a naive part of me hope not. Recently I bid on and won a 3 day listing for a bracelet costing $100 last Friday 7/10. It was a private listing. I didn't look at the seller until after I paid and they only had 1 feedback in June for ano...

Resolved! for tax purposes where do you find the total cost of purchases for the year

isnt there some kinda invoice for the the purchases over the year or not? Better yet where i can find an invoice on all activity for the year?Or do i have to go through every last purchase and add it up myself? If so what a total pain in the butt tha...

Retracting bids

A user just messaged me asking to retract a bid on an item as they had just found it for a lower price. The user has over 500 feedbacks and 100%, so the user knows how this website works. I'll take back the bid, but is there any way we can flag or di...

Resolved! How do I report a someone selling bootlegs?

I tried to flag an unauthorized item on eBay, but it said, "Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields. Please enter a valid item number for a listing that has not ended." Only the item number is right there.

Seller issue

   don’t know if you can see this **bleep** 3D print very well. There are holes through areas that were supposed to be solid. He sent it out this way. When I posted negative feedback got a message asking to revise feedback and a response that I shoul...

80C812B8-46DF-4A09-AC8F-005CD73E9CAC.jpeg 5EBAB2DD-5283-4006-B060-84A1D71E042A.jpeg

Received unordered parcel

I received a parcel with a women’s top and pants in it that I didn’t order. They have my name address and phone number. im not sure if it’s through eBay but I thought I’d put the question out there anyway

User avatar by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Refund

I can’t open request for refund on eBay for my ended purchase. I sent email to the seller, He agreed refund but didn’t do that. I can’t leave feedback so.

User avatar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller hasn’t confirmed PayPal, and can’t confirm payment.

So I’m a new buyer. I won a pair of jordan shoes in an auction for a total of $99.80 after shipping. I paid the buyer the morning I won with my PayPal. Prior to this, I did have problems with PayPal one time. Keep in mind I have only bought 3 things ...

Buyer cant bid

Why cant a potential buyer bid on my item 

Your payment didn't go through. Please check your payment details or select a different payment opti

Getting "Your payment didn't go through. Please check your payment details or select a different payment option." when trying to pay for an item with PayPal. Tried 2 different cards, but keep getting the same issue and the error message is useless. L...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors