Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced search

what happened to advanced serch

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

advanced search

eBay has been making " improvements " to it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

advanced search

@barneylumber,

I've used the Advanced button to the right of the main Search button on ebay pages several times this morning and it is working.  I do use a computer not the app though.  If you give us more info about the issue you are having with it, maybe we can help you.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

advanced search

the blue search button is right at the end of the search box apparently right on top of where the advanced search link used to appear. I only use a pc no apps  .

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

advanced search

Whether the "Advanced" link appears to the right of the search bar depends on several different factors, including the size of your browser window, the resolution of your display, the zoom level of your page. Smaller windows, lower resolution and larger text magnification may result in the link (and the category drop down menu) changing or disappearing.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

advanced search

with respect, I can't think of any reason major functions on any page should disappear on a pc display;  just display a little differently (2 lines,not 1, words appear condensed, etc.) if you code it correctly. I have made no changes to any display or page settings for over a year. now things have changed.   there appears to be a new magnifying glass image to the right of the blue-search (on every page) that does nothing.

seems like its' ebay play-time again. hopefully, this will work itself out soon.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

advanced search

I can't think of any reason major functions on any page should disappear on a pc display

And yet pages do change over time, not everyone uses a PC, and changing the size of your browser window does, indeed, change what features you see on the page on many, many sites, not just on eBay.

If I shrink down a browser window far enough, the blue search button on an eBay page changes into just a magnifying glass icon. If that icon is not working for you, try holding down the shift key and refreshing the page to bypass your cached copy of the page to see if that makes any difference.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

advanced search

First I had the "rounded" search with no advanced search link on .com. But on .uk I had the "rectangular" search with the advanced search link. 

Then a day later I only had the "rounded" search with no advanced search link on both sites.

Today I'm back to the old "rectangular" search with the advanced search link on both sites. And on .uk the Americanisation of item location, in the advanced search, has finally reverted back to UK defaults.

Hopefully eBay will have stopped playing with this for now.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply