cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Item Shipped, Has Lesser Value

So I purchased a graded baseball card at auction and the seller shipped the wrong card, whether mistakenly or not.  Now he’s just saying ship back what he sent me and request a refund, although he is saying he has the correct card.  I got it at a great deal and I feel like I’m being hustled.   I don’t want a refund, I want the Card I purchased.   eBay has an authentic guarantee and I feel like this falls directly under that, if I didn’t catch this I feel like his hustle continues.   Why the heck is eBay so hard to get ahold of.  It’s irritating to no end. 

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

File a "not as described" case.

The seller will either refund you or have you ship it back and then refund.

Please read the eBay MBG.

eBay can only get you your money back. Not sure how you getting your money back = hustled...

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

@ohio_state_fan wrote:

So I purchased a graded baseball card at auction and the seller shipped the wrong card, whether mistakenly or not.  Now he’s just saying ship back what he sent me and request a refund, although he is saying he has the correct card.  I got it at a great deal and I feel like I’m being hustled.   I don’t want a refund, I want the Card I purchased.   eBay has an authentic guarantee and I feel like this falls directly under that, if I didn’t catch this I feel like his hustle continues.   Why the heck is eBay so hard to get ahold of.  It’s irritating to no end. 

eBay has a great money back guarantee.  If you want your money back you are in great shape.  Simply file "not as described" ship it back and get your money back.

If you want to force the seller to send you what you thought you were buying, there is no mechanism to force that.  Not on eBay, not on any online platform.

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Ok so the true item I purchased has a value 6x that of which I received.    If I were to try to replace it, it will cost me 6x that of which I’m refunded.   = hustled! 

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

@ohio_state_fan wrote:

I was sold under the authentic guarantee?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 48
latest reply

I’m not familiar if you have to check that checkbox but it is serialized.  Do you have to state that you’re buying something you assume is “authentic” or can you just put anything for sale and only if “authentic” is stated it is deemed such?   I truly am curious about this, because not only is eBay super expensive with its fees but this is getting ridiculous.  

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

@ohio_state_fan  since you thought you got a good deal and didnt, file a Not As Described claim and get your money back.

There is no hustle - what you thought you bought and what you have are 2 different things. The hustle would be if you were not made whole.

Whole is getting your money back not any more than that.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Are cards graded by authentication by eBay before an auction? And what is the starting bid? Is it in the hundreds?

Is it in the "vault"?

Graded card by owner or eBay authentication?

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

I thought you were saying your item had ebays authenticity program guarantee..

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=2&query...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Hi @ohio_state_fan,

I know nothing about baseball cards, but I'm trying to understand your situation.   The seller sent you the wrong card (not as valuable as what you bought) and when you contacted him, he told you he still had the correct card.

If he has the correct card, why won't he send it to you, after you send this one back?   I'm just wondering what his explanation was?   It sounds like you think he sent you the other card, on purpose, is that right? ... He did a switcheroo ... and that's why you're calling it a "hustle" ?   

I'm not saying that's what happened ...  I'm just asking if that's what YOU think happened.    I do understand why you're frustrated.  Just getting your money back  doesn't leave you "whole" ... it leaves you back where you started ...  it's not the point. .   Am I missing something here or is this basically it?

Also, what did his feedback look like? 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Yes, I even offered to buy the non correct card to simplify things.  I’ve made it abundantly clear I just want the card I purchased.  Definitely feel like this is a Bait n Switch.  

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

So the fact is you feel this seller is dishonest  send back the wrong card you received and get your refund,

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Let's try honest mistake.  Just use "wrong item sent".  It is sooooooo easy to return an item on eBay.  Go to your My eBay page and use the drop down menu on the right.  Be sure to send a picture of the card you received; front and back.  Follow the prompts and you'll get a refund faster than you can sing "Do The Hustle".

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Doesn't matter.  Either way he gets his money back.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

I don’t WANT THE MONEY!!! I want the item I purchased!!! How is this concept foreign to folks.  

Message 15 of 48
latest reply