cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do sold items show the price the item has been adjusted to, not the sales price?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seller has two of the same item for sale (same listing) as noted by "quantity 2". I bought one for 249.95 then the seller, possibly realizing that the price was too low, changed it from 249.95 to 295.95, within 5 minutes of my purchase.

Odd thing is, when you go to the sold items, it shows that the item sold for 295.95, even though I did not pay that much and the 2nd item has not sold yet, so I know for sure it's the item I bought given the date, etc.

Why is this? Is this to protect the seller from future buyers asking why the price is higher?

1050.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why do sold items show the price the item has been adjusted to, not the sales price?

I wonder... if you need to return it, what would the refund amount be?

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@friskya wrote:

I wonder... if you need to return it, what would the refund amount be?

I'm sure it would be based on the MP figures. Hopefully not the case since it's brand new/sealed.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Most likly due to the listing sold, still has active attached also.....

showing a lower price and then showing an item still for sale on such a listing would be a problem...

If some on clicked on see original listing and hit buy it know thinking lower price...

Yes I can see why this is done. Very good reason to do it..

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

t's quite possible seller transposed a number or had a typo in price only realized when you bought and paid.  FYI, it is ahrd to find real price people pay when there are offers as it it only shows listing price. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Odd thing is, when you go to the sold items, it shows that the item sold for 295.95, even though I did not pay that much and the 2nd item has not sold yet, so I know for sure it's the item I bought given the date, etc.

Ebay should realize that accuracy is important, & improvement is needed

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

FYI, it is ahrd to find real price people pay when there are offers as it it only shows listing price. 

Seems a little deceptive ?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply