cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do eBay items take so long to ship out?

Hello,

Is there a reason why many eBay sellers no longer ship out purchases promptly?
5 out of the 8 items I purchased over the last few months took longer to ship than expected, like in 3 business days to print the darn shipping label, and another 2 to 3 days to get the items shipped: what the heck is going on?
Anything I order from Amazon, I usually receive it within 3 to 4 days, even if it is not a business day...
There are times when I don't need ASAP shipments, and there are times when I do.
As a result of this eBay slow shipping issue, I am increasingly shopping for my needed items on Amazon, even if it is a few dollars more.
In addition to hurting themselves, these slow shippers are hurting eBay as well.
What is the reason for this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Every eBay listing shows an estimated delivery date for the buyer before he makes a purchase.  My suggestion to any buyer is this:  Look at that date.  If this item is something you need ASAP and you see that the date is too far in the future, why would you make the purchase?  Another suggestion:  No need to micromanage your purchases, checking shipping info every day.  No seller is required to ship immediately.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@niri545,

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you are new, and do not know the board policies.  If you have the same issue with shipping as the other person who posted on the same topic yesterday.  Copy and pasting another person's topic wording to one you want to write, is bad form on these boards. It is actually a violation of board policy about spamming the boards with the same topic. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Disrespctful to the original poster of this thread. If you don't have the time to word your own post, why should we expend the energy to answer it?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi, sellers can select a handling time of between 1-30 days, and eBay adds their handling time and the shipping time together to come up with the expected delivery date. If you think it's excessive don't  bid or buy. If you bid or buy you are agreeing to all the terms including the shipping date. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Good move. totally agree. Looks like sellers are shipping on the cheapest possible option, the  USPS, which is circling the drain, after 3 years under the current government. 3rd world all the way.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply