cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to open INR case help

I have never opened an INR before so I wanted to ask and especially because the item was pretty expensive.

My item was shipped Nov 15, Priority Mail, Signature Required. Expected Delivery Date Nov 17 Fri.

Ever since leaving the Regional Facility on the 15th it has been in the "In Transit to Next Facility" and after the Expected Delivery Date of the 17th it has said Arriving Late. It has since been just updating the date which I read was just an automated bot. Would ebay consider that being scanned since the date just keeps updating but there's no real movement? When can I open an INR case? Thank you for any help you can provide!

Moving Through Network

In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late

November 19, 2023

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 15, 2023, 10:11 pm

USPS in possession of item

SAN ANTONIO, TX 78224 

November 15, 2023, 1:32 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

SAN ANTONIO, TX 78224 

November 15, 2023, 1:13 pm

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The estimated delivery date, per your post, was November 17.

Today is November 21 and you don't have it.

Per eBay's MBG, which you need to read, incidentally, a buyer can open an INR case the day after the last estimated delivery date.  

You can wait a few more days if you wish, or you can go ahead and open the INR case, your choice.  

Just do not let this run out past 30 days.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@petrovakailey,

The date you have given us Nov.17 was probably only the first estimated delivery date not the last estimated delivery date which you should be able to find by looking at the listing in your purchase history or by clicking on the Order Details button. The last estimated date is the one shown in those places.

Before filing an Item Not Received (INR) dispute, you may want to try contacting the seller and ask them to check the tracking information, and file a missing package claim with the USPS. 

You cannot file an INR dispute until the day after the last estimated delivery date, and because the tracking info shows USPS has received the package and it is in their system, they may ask you to wait a few more days before you can ask ebay to step in. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You have 30 days from the last given delivery date to file.  I would not wait until the last day however. Since the package is moving, I would give it more time.  Shipping delays like that are not uncommon.  Far too soon to worry yet.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date (the last day if you were given a range) you were given by eBay when you paid (it will be on your "Order confirmation" email).   THAT is the date that controls it.  The estimate given in your Purchase History sometimes changes with facts on the ground (i.e. the carrier's estimate based on where the item is now) and does not change the window you have to file.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hello im new here, i also have an issue,an ebay seller i don't know this person but he had around 200 or so positive feedback i trusted them because before he blocked me we had great conversations about the item, but what he did really messed up my entire order and refund, i paid for an item today 7:52pm auto pay, an auction i won. The seller was at first very kind and informative. Then, i won. Hooray!! Then out of no where i received  an alert saying my order had been canceled by the seller, reason given " problem with shipping address" which is bogus 110% since we are both USA, and i buy items all the time with nearly no delivery problems. THEN the person blocks me immediately so i cant ask why or to please issue my full refund if you don't want to send me the item i won, they marked that the refund has been sent. It has 110% not been sent. Ebays buyer protection policy is the only thing i guess that will save me from this seller and refund my full payment. Any help or any feedback is very much appreciated. Bless you and thank you for reading my comment. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@cocolovestj2022,

You should not have posted your issue on another member's topic.  The problem the original poster had is a completely different one from the one you are facing. 

Your seller has over 200 positive feedback but only 45 for selling and they were received over a year ago.  According to their history, their first sale in over a year was made a month ago, then they listed two items that sold on the 3rd, one was the figure you bid on and won.  Chances are the reason why the seller cancelled, is because they did not know that because they had not sold anything in over a year, prior to the sale made in November,  ebay placed a 21 day hold on their first few payments and they did not know that would happen. They have not left or received feedback for that transaction which leads me to think they cancelled that one after seeing the payment status showing Pending for days or weeks.

Because of that, even though you did pay, when they saw another Pending notification, they decided to cancel and relist the item which they have done.  They should not be able to block you because you have a paid for item, even though they cancelled the transaction, but they may be ignoring your messages. The problem now will be that because of the Pending payment status, they do not think they have any money to to refund.  They will probably cancel and relist the other item they sold last night.

There are two things you can do at this point.

1) You can report the seller for cancelling a transaction, giving a false reason to avoid receiving a defect.

2) You can try messaging the seller and tell them if they cancelled the transaction because of the Pending payment that they should do a Google search for "Payments on hold, eBay".  Maybe they will cancel the relisted figure an complete the transaction.

Try messaging the seller and if the message cannot be sent, or they do not respond by tonight. Then report them using the link below.

On the first page of the link use the blue Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username, select Other, then in the text box write.

"The seller cancelled the transaction stating problem with address. The order details will show I have used the same address for a long time with no issues. I believe the seller chose that reason to avoid getting a defect on their account. The reason may actually have something to do with a payment hold they were not aware of".

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply