cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to file not as described

I purchased an item a couple of weeks ago. It was sent without tracking as most of these items are in Canada...so there is no delivery date on the listing, just a "will be delivered by June 24."

It arrived yesterday and it's the wrong item. No big deal, mistakes happen. I contacted the seller to let them know, and to ask how they wanted to proceed. The seller graciously offered to let me keep the first item and they would send me the correct one. That's top notch customer service and I appreciate it.

Now, here's my concern. It has to do with the money back guarantee. If the estimated last delivery date is June 24 (remember no tracking so there's no delivery date) how long do I have to make an item not described claim? While most people are honest, I need to protect myself. The item he sent has a significantly lower value than the one I purchased. This seller could technically string me along and not send the original item.

I know I could just ask for a refund and then rebuy, but if I still have enough time left on the money back guarantee I'd rather wait a little bit if I still have time, rather than say I don't trust him/her.

What does everyone think? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If the EDD is June 24, you would have 30 days from then to file an INR claim.

It apparently has arrived and is apparently the wrong item per the OP.  So the OP can open an item not as described case as of right now.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I know I can open a case now, but I wanted to know the last day I can do it. The seller said they would send me the correct item and I want to give them enough time to do it without having to open a case, but not so much time that I lose my MBG. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@rebell45 wrote:

If the EDD is June 24, you would have 30 days from then to file an INR claim.

Perfect, that's what I was looking for. Thanks! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply