cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my refund?

I bought a tablet for my wife for 44.07 including fees and taxes and never received it.  I was awarded a full refund but when I look I can't find it anywhere.  Paypal and ebay customer service by phone is almost non existent. Is there anything I can do?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@zrxman60 wrote:

I paid with Paypal using debit card as source for funds.  The only problem is that it was a debit card that I used with a bank that has changed hands and that debit card is no longer used by that bank.  The bank told me that as soon as I received the new card I was to dispose of the old card which I did.  My suspicions are that the funds are with the old card which has been disposed of and deleted from my paypal account.  I tried to call all companies involved and it seems nobody from ebay/paypal are taking calls and my bank didn't think they could help me..

I see. Sorry to hear you are in a situation like that. I have a feeling the back is the culprit here - because a debit card is always affiliated with your checking acct and just because they have changed "cards" that does not mean they are unable to determine what money went into your checking account. I recommend putting some pressure on the bank. Good luck

PW🐿

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@zrxman60 wrote:

I bought a tablet for my wife for 44.07 including fees and taxes and never received it.  I was awarded a full refund but when I look I can't find it anywhere.  Paypal and ebay customer service by phone is almost non existent. Is there anything I can do?  Thanks.

@zrxman60 

Refunds can take as long as two weeks to be credited back to your funding source. How did you pay for the item and when were you notified of the refund?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@zrxman60 wrote:

Did you pay via PayPal, or using a credit card with Managed Payments? If you have used PayPal and paid with your balance, it will show up as a positive balance (look under your Activity page on PayPal). If you have used PayPal and you paid with your bank account OR a credit card, the refund will go straight to your bank account OR your credit card, check those statements. If you have used Managed Payments and paid with your credit card, same as above. Lastly, make sure the refund includes the total amount you paid, incl. the TAX. If the tax was not refunded, contact eBay CS and ask them to issue it. It is your money. 

Good luck

PW

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 

Just a few points of clarification:

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

Did you pay via PayPal, or using a credit card with Managed Payments? If you have used Managed Payments and paid with your credit card, same as above.

• Buyers have no way of knowing whether they've purchased from a seller who's enrolled in Managed Payments. 
  • Managed Payments sellers offer PayPal as a payment option as well.
  • Buyers can pay with a credit/debit card when buying from a seller who is not enrolled in Managed Payments.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I paid with Paypal using debit card as source for funds.  The only problem is that it was a debit card that I used with a bank that has changed hands and that debit card is no longer used by that bank.  The bank told me that as soon as I received the new card I was to dispose of the old card which I did.  My suspicions are that the funds are with the old card which has been disposed of and deleted from my paypal account.  I tried to call all companies involved and it seems nobody from ebay/paypal are taking calls and my bank didn't think they could help me..

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@zrxman60 wrote:

Do you mean to say you have an outdated funding source on PayPal? You didn't update your PayPal account with your new card information? Is that what you're saying?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@zrxman60 wrote:

I see. Sorry to hear you are in a situation like that. I have a feeling the back is the culprit here - because a debit card is always affiliated with your checking acct and just because they have changed "cards" that does not mean they are unable to determine what money went into your checking account. I recommend putting some pressure on the bank. Good luck

PW🐿

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

No, I'm saying that I put in my new card as primary method of payment and deleted the card I used to use as the bank said it wasn't to be used after the new card arrived.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've tried to talk to someone in the bank but they didn't take people in the bank if you can do the transaction from the drive in window. The girl at the window said she was unable to help me. I think that all I need is the security code of the old card and just re-instate it for a few days so I can just spend it...
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@zrxman60 wrote:

I paid with Paypal using debit card as source for funds.  The only problem is that it was a debit card that I used with a bank that has changed hands and that debit card is no longer used by that bank.

The debit cards are linked to your bank account.

Unless the routing and account number on your account changed, the refund should show up in your account.

It could take a few weeks or longer for the refund to show up.

When was the refund issued?

Have a great day
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@zrxman60 wrote:
I've tried to talk to someone in the bank but they didn't take people in the bank if you can do the transaction from the drive in window. The girl at the window said she was unable to help me. I think that all I need is the security code of the old card and just re-instate it for a few days so I can just spend it...

Of cause the gals at the window cannot assist you with this, but they should have shared with you a tel. number for Customer Service. If they did not, then find out what the bank Customer Service number is on Google, I am sure then call them, or email them while you are logged in online to your bank account. There must be SOME way of finding out if / when a refund was deposited into your checking account in the amount you were expecting. Give it a few days, perhaps, then take action. Maybe by then the bank will be open to foot traffic again and you can then ask for the manager on site.

And if they cannot or will not assist, well, then, there are other banks perhaps you can use from now on. Or even better, a Credit Union which has much lower fees and usually, great customer service, too.

Best of luck

PW🐿

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I finally got my refund, sent back to my checking account.  It took awhile but the refund eventually got routed the correct way.  I never got the item I ordered so I won't have to mess with it either.  Thanks to all who replied..

Message 12 of 12
latest reply