cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking says item delivered on the 13th but it was not. First time this has ever happened.

Tracking says item delivered on the 13th but it was not.  First time this has ever happened.

Coincidentally I was home sick on the 13th. Other mail was delivered, but not my item. 

From what i've read on these boards, the seller is still responsible.  Is that true?

I feel really bad asking the seller to re-send my item when they did nothing wrong.

Fortunately it was a very cheap item, about $10. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Tracking says item delivered on the 13th but it was not. First time this has ever happened.

You have NOT read on these boards that sellers are responsible for items which tracking shows as delivered.

The seller has done his/her job, and is NOT responsible for giving you a refund, or sending you another item.

It is now up to YOU to be proactive and try to find out what happened to your item.  Start with the post office, or whoever the company is that delivered it. The post office scanners have GPS, so they should be able to tell you exactly where on your property the item was placed.  It could also be that the item was stolen after delivery.

If the item is never found, there is nothing more to be done about it, you will just have to accept it.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii,

Have you contacted the USPS, or talked to your carrier?  The USPS can give you GPS coordinates of a delivery, which may show the item was delivered to a different address. If a substitute carrier had the route that day, they may have delivered to a neighbor, or stuck the package under bushes near the door. Before contacting the seller check around the house ask family members or neighbors if they brought in or received a package by mistake, and contact the USPS by phone, or online, and ask for the GPS coordinates.

Is there any chance you have porch pirates in your area? 

If this was a chinese seller there is also a chance they sent an envelope with tracking to a business in your zip code.  Its a scam they sometimes use, since tracking shows delivery.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It was the USPS and it was a small item.   I'm not sure how it was packaged but it would have fit in my mailbox with the rest if my mail - a few bills/letters.  I guess i'll check with the USPS but i'm sure they'll tell me that it was delivered in my mailbox on the 13th just as the tracking says. Oh well.  Thank goodness it wasn't am expensive item.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The funny thing is the items were 2 custom/personalized luggage tags with my name, address and phone number engraved on them. They couldn't be any more USELESS to somebody else.  LOL

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii,

Tracking may say delivered to A mailbox, but it wasn't necessarily yours. Things may have changed since I lived on Maui, but I know for sure several of my carriers liked their pakalolo, not to mention the USPS worked on island time.  Aloha

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaiiwrote:

The funny thing is the items were 2 custom/personalized luggage tags with my name, address and phone number engraved on them. They couldn't be any more USELESS to somebody else.  LOL

Well, there you go. You got the last laugh. Maybe the thief will bring them back & leave them when you’re not home. They’ll probably toss them but you never know, seeing personalization may hit a bit of remorse.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@mg152wrote:

@inhawaiiwrote:

Well, there you go. You got the last laugh. Maybe the thief will bring them back & leave them when you’re not home. They’ll probably toss them but you never know, seeing personalization may hit a bit of remorse.

Or even better - maybe they will USE them, have their luggage lost by the airlines, and get it delivered to you. That would be the ultimate last laugh!

Sometimes I see "package delivered" and the post man arrived at 8 PM at night to drop off a Amazon Package - a few times - it was at one of my doors that I don't enter - and I had to go around the house to locate it.  The "delivery" email is actually a good thing - then you know you should go out and look for it - at that moment (of course if the email arrived the day after delivery - not so good).  But each time I saw "delivered" I went back out to the mail box and it was crammed into it - when I had got mail that morning.

So I would double check everywhere around the house and in the mail box.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Pakalolo?   I looked that one up!

Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 10
latest reply