cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many offers!!!!!

Please make it stop!

I was researching a particular style of shoe and was looking at it in all the photographs of lots of listings and I added a few to my watchlist while I shopped.

Now I'm being attacked by offers for shoes that aren't even my size!

Sometimes sellers don't list size information correctly and you have to really read the listing.

But also, I was just looking at pictures that might be better than the ones in the items I watchlisted. 

Now it's a huge waste of time to sort through to find out if something I might actually buy is being offered because they sent me a bunch of useless offers. I'm also notifying the sellers what happened when I decline the offers to waste still more time. (You can't delete them unless you reject them.)

Can I PLEASE not get offers UNLESS I watchlist or shopping cart or ask a question? Can I please opt out of entirely unsolicited offers?

PLEASE MAKE IT 🛑 STOP 🛑 

And, no, I don't want to turn off ALL offers, obviously.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Too many offers!!!!!

Sadly no, there is no way to selectively stop certain offers. The options are to block all or allow all. One workaround might be to log out of your account to browse. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Too many offers!!!!!

Sadly no, there is no way to selectively stop certain offers. The options are to block all or allow all. One workaround might be to log out of your account to browse. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

You cannot stop sellers sending offers. Just learn to play the game: do not buy, just watch and wait for discounted offers. However, potential buyers watching my items can rest assured that i will never pester  them with offers. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

I do most of my eBay work on a computer with dual monitor set up. I keep at least one window open and logged into eBay 24/7. If I need to do something that I want to not do under my account, I open a Google Chrome incognito window. This allows me to stay logged in on my normal Chrome browser and log out in my incognito browser. (I suppose using any two different browsers achieves this but this way I only use Chrome as it's easiest for me). This way I can still be active on my account in one window and be active but logged out in another window. Really nifty 😜

Seriously, your best bet, or just log out....or create a 2nd throw away account, but easier to just log out.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

@economywon,

If you do not want to get so many offers, do not open the Sponsored listings you see on a seller's ebay page or in search results.  Just opening a Sponsored listing will trigger an offer to be sent once 30 people have opened the listing.   The upside to that is, sometimes you are sent a great offer for something you would like to buy at a discounted price.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

You know, I shop on the app these days. It's convenient. So the idea of using a workaround of logging out of eBay to solve this issue truly didn't occur to me. I didn't connect the dots that the best way to use eBay is to not use eBay as intended because of the way they have built eBay. 

It's much less likely that I will make a purchase when I have to find items a second time after shopping while logged out, but eBay is now just playing a numbers game and doesn't actually care about user experiences. 

I have had to politely decline all the useless offers I received. I'm sure sellers enjoy the returned junk mail as much as I enjoy receiving it. But when the app is clogged with useless offers, the only way to clear them is to decline and then delete.

It's all so dumb.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

Yeah, maybe I didn't make my point clearly enough. I was shopping for a particular style of shoe and looked at listings that were the incorrect size and got flooded with offers for shoes that won't fit. That's not a game for me to play but it's definitely a waste of everyone's time. I don't know what it looks like when offers are declined but I had to decline them to clear them so I could find offers that were actually relevant. I have been using watchlist and appreciate those offers and frequently buy when I receive those. I was complaining about offers for things that are not on my watchlist.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

This makes sense. But I was saying that I was shopping and I was unprepared for my app becoming flooded with offers when I had only browsed the listing. It's kind of like when someone goes on a tour in a poor country and gets swamped with people selling things when they enter the market. Disorganized and chaotic and off-putting. But I have taken your suggestion that in the future I should be logged out of my account for shopping. Which definitely will decrease the things I buy because I will have to find the items twice. But nobody asked me about the user experience, right? Cheers!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

This is too complicated. I understand the reason buyers might want offers. I put things on my watchlist in hopes of receiving an offer. But there's no way of filtering sponsored listings and I got offers from people that didn't have sponsored items. I don't know how that all works on the seller side but I politely declined every one that was the wrong shoe size because eBay incorrectly told them I might be a buyer. It's just a big waste of time that only eBay benefits from by playing the numbers.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Too many offers!!!!!

@economywon wrote:

Which definitely will decrease the things I buy because I will have to find the items twice. But nobody asked me about the user experience, right? Cheers!

Of course I buy to resell, and I'm not a casual buyer, so I'm used to putting more work in ... but having dual monitors with separate windows open (incognito logged out and regular logged in) I only have to find items once, because I can find the item in the incognito, copy and paste the link into the logged in regular window and boom, there ya have it 🙂 Just a simple copy and paste

Of course this doesn't work on the app, but could work on a computer even with single monitor. I just multitask and need dual monitors.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply