cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you eBay!

eBay has implemented a report button for price gouging and I am very appreciative. I’m sick, can’t get tested and trying to get supplies I need. When a $50 thermometer is selling for $150 or $200 it’s not free enterprise, it’s price gouging. I really appreciate eBay looking out for us. I haven’t really been online cause I’ve been really sick but I’ve been trying to get medical supplies that were bought up by price gougers and we just can’t afford those prices. eBay staff, you guys are the best!! 😀❤️🌹 I hope everyone is well. I worry about all my eBay acquaintances when there’s an emergency. 
If you read this please at least check in. 🙏 🙏 for everyone.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Thank you eBay!

NOT SO FAST on the praising of eBay. Only certain items have this. For example, all the gyms are closed across the US and all the gym equipment sellers are marking up their equipment in ridiculously inflated prices. This isn't normal supply and demand. None of these sellers have a conscious anymore. All their true colors are showing at times like these.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

@mg152 wrote:

If you read this please at least check in. 🙏 🙏 for everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I wondered why you hadn't been present for awhile. Here's hoping for a super quick and complete recovery!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

@per50nl_5 wrote:

NOT SO FAST on the praising of eBay. Only certain items have this. For example, all the gyms are closed across the US and all the gym equipment sellers are marking up their equipment in ridiculously inflated prices. This isn't normal supply and demand. None of these sellers have a conscious anymore. All their true colors are showing at times like these.

If you are speaking of the gym equipment, barbells, etc... that you were complaining about in another post, you might want to take a better look that listing.

How do you figure the seller is taking advantage of the virus when the last price revision was: May 02, 2019 - 09:10:12 AM PDT -  Buy It Now Price.

This revision was done well before any virus outbreak. Also look at the quantity of what he is selling. It is for an entire gym.

So IMO he is not price gouging. There is nothing to report the seller for here.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

How do you figure the seller is taking advantage of the virus when the last price revision was: May 02, 2019 - 09:10:12 AM PDT -  Buy It Now Price.

This revision was done well before any virus outbreak. Also look at the quantity of what he is selling. It is for an entire gym.

Please refrain from distracting from the narrative with the facts. 🤨

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

Hey @mg152 !  Wishing you wellness SOON!

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

I hope that you are feeling better soon and able to get what you need. Stay safe!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

@per50nl_5 wrote:

Gym equipment isn't a NECESSITY.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

@anbru-2298 wrote:@

Gym equipment isn't a NECESSITY.

May I suggest that everyone devote some time to become familiar with Maslow's hierarchy of needs

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

ed8108 are you really Sheldon Cooper in disguise?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

Get well soon. 

PW🐿

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

Perhaps you can request a specific item in a specific price range? 

I wonder if ebay could provide such a feature?

I know craigslist does this. 

Sellers with product could read your request and offer it to you and your desired price?

Or a counter offer?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

What kind of medical supplies do you need? Is there anything we can do to help?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thank you eBay!

I'm sorry you're sick and I wish you a speedy recovery.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply