cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious buyer warning from Ebay but item already purchased and sent to someone else.

I just received the following message from Ebay,

"We had to cancel bids for the buyer,, because they aren't registered on eBay:
- U Pick: Christmas by Krebs SANTA ON SILK Glass Collectible Ornaments Traditional". 

They informed me to cancel the order or try and get it back from the post office and that I may or may not receive my fees back.  I'm confused because this item was sold on December 16 to someone else.  It was sent and received without issue.  Why am I receiving this message?  I can't figure out what happened.  Ebay also recommended that I sell things using Buy It Now which is exactly how this item was sold.  Checked Paypal and everything appears to be OK.  Confused and not sure if I need to do anything about this message.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Suspicious buyer warning from Ebay but item already purchased and sent to someone else.

@shellmrtn,

How did you receive the message, was it in your My eBay messages or through your regular email?  If the message does not appear in your ebay messages, then it is most likely phishing for some info. Forward it to spoof@ebay.com.  Do not open it or if directed go to a link contained in it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It was through My Ebay messages.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@shellmrtn,

The only thing I can figure, is that some glitch triggered the message, since the transaction had already been completed.  Over the last few years ebay has been experiencing many glitches that go unexplained. I wouldn't worry about it, but would keep an eye on the monthly invoice.   

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply