cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometime you just have to laugh...

I took the trash out today and remembered this item I had received earlier in the week.

I actually left positive feedback due to the item (a book and some figures) being dirt cheap and they amazingly got to me unharmed. Was in a good mood and wasn't in the mood to leave a neutral.

As a seller myself I just don't think I have the guts to do this. Some sellers are very brave.

20240206_171325.jpg

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@simba6 wrote:

It's great! 

Are you sure you don't mean Grrrrrrrrrrreat! ? Gotta get that Tony the Tiger growl in there.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I'm thinking "brave" is not the term that I would use😂

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

As a seller myself I just don't think I have the guts to do this. Some sellers are very brave.

Brave is not the word I would choose for sellers that use such inappropriate packaging. 🤦

Glad to hear your items arrived in tact.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I'm thinking "brave" is not the term that I would use😂

Ah ha ha ha .... great minds.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

It could have been worse. Many years ago I received a doll crammed in a pizza box. A used pizza box. Fortunately the doll was in a plastic bag so it didn't smell like pepperoni.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Really? Your item was shipped in a frosted flakes box? Too funny 😂 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It's great!

I once received an item in an Nabisco cracker box.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

One of my first orders on Ebay was shipped in a Macaroni & Cheese box.

It made it here ok.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

It could have been worse. Many years ago I received a doll crammed in a pizza box. A used pizza box. Fortunately the doll was in a plastic bag so it didn't smell like pepperoni.

There is a semi-regular on this forum that boasts about used food packaging as packing material. Kills me when I see them post photos of those materials.

Don't get me wrong, I am big on reduce/reuse/recycle. But there's a line for what's appropriate and what's not. There's also a line for what's structurally sound for shipping and what's not.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

It's great! 

Are you sure you don't mean Grrrrrrrrrrreat! ? Gotta get that Tony the Tiger growl in there.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Great recycling of the seller....probably lives in my neck of the woods where we have "3" bins for garbage unlike some places that only have "one" and throw everything in together.

I think its clever and not funny at all.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Really? Your item was shipped in a frosted flakes box? Too funny 😂 

Not only that....MEDIA MAIL....which is a whole different topic altogether. The book would have qualified on its own but not with 7 action figures 🙂

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Please tell me that seller did not ship media mail as advertised in the listing @gkn29 ! Gets better and better. And by that I mean worse and worse.

I can't believe the figure holding the hoop made it in tact.

EDIT: the above post was not there when I started writing this. I guess the seller did use MM. I feel like I should teach a shipping class for new sellers.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I once ordered some light bulbs that came in a bubble mailer and they did arrive safe.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Please tell me that seller did not ship media mail as advertised in the listing @gkn29 ! Gets better and better. And by that I mean worse and worse.

I can't believe the figure holding the hoop made it in tact.

EDIT: the above post was not there when I started writing this. I guess the seller did use MM. I feel like I should teach a shipping class for new sellers.

Yeah, exactly. The guy balancing too...HAHAHAHA

Message 15 of 15
latest reply