cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky practices: Seller assures item is in the US territory, but seller is based in China using BFE

Seller assures that item is located in the US, but profile says seller is based in China. The worst part is that this information comes after: The seller is using BFE Corporation as "Shipping Partner".

I've read a lot of complaints about this BFE shipping corporation (sending seeds, sending unwanted packages, sending fake products, sending empty boxes or pieces of paper or bags instead the promised product/item). Now, the tracking number provided by the seller is stuck in New York for days. 

I know that commerce is developing in many ways, but this one looks ridiculously sneaky and fraudulent. I did not know who was the shipper only after I made the purchase. USPS says they don't know nothing about that tracking number (so it seems it is fake).

So, I got an Item from a seller that has more than 99% of feedback. They put in the product/item page that the item is located in Pomona, California, USA; however, after purchasing, a USPS tracking number was immediately generated and after looking for it in the USPS Tracking webpage, it says that the  from JAMAICA, NY 11434 (not California) indicating: "This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."  The seller is located in China but is using misleading information that the product is in the US..which is a way to ensure for their benefit that a buyer will trust them because it is not a company out of the US.

This sneaky/fraudulent practice must be addressed by eBay, seriously, you are losing a lot of credibility and no one will want to make business with you guys if you endorse these type of sneaky practices. It seems the seller uses bots to get tons of good reviews meanwhile the complaints against them are horrific (mostly indicating fraud and scam).

Advice: BEFORE BUYING THE ITEM, ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE "SELLER'S INFORMATION" LINK. The fact that the seller's page says that the item is located in US territory NEVER guarantee that. That is sneaky, unethical and just play against the company credibility. Be careful. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sneaky practices: Seller assures item is in the US territory, but seller is based in China using BFE

Even if the seller is lodged in Uranus, as long as the item arrives by the last estimated delivery date, we have no claim. But if it still hasn't arrived by then, if tracking has stopped, start a refund request.

A shipping label can be generated anywhere, e.g. Jamaica NY, but then can be mailed from anywhere, e.g. Pomona CA. The stated post offices may not like the loss of attribution, and there might be postage to be adjusted, but it's allowed.

Later, if the item has to be returned, the shipping must be equivalent to the cost of a return to Pomoma CA, the stated item location in the listing, if the buyer is responsible fore return postage. Or, if the seller requires a return to China instead, for example, contact eBay to require the seller to send cash to pay for the return shipping.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@arthud2-4 wrote:

This sneaky/fraudulent practice must be addressed by eBay, seriously, you are losing a lot of credibility and no one will want to make business with you guys 

Should eBay fail to act appropriately , & timely, could that place "EBay a name you can trust" in some jeopardy?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@arthud2-4 wrote:

This sneaky/fraudulent practice must be addressed by eBay, seriously, you are losing a lot of credibility and no one will want to make business with you guys 

Should eBay fail to act appropriately , & timely, could that place "EBay a name you can trust" in some jeopardy?

Ebay is not worried.   After all, there is one born every minute.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Possible clarification

My understanding is that eBay gives preferential treatment to China sellers,  China continues to be viewed as a 3rd world developing nation.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I don't think it would do a seller much good to send 'empty boxes' instead of the promised product. Ebay's MBG is weighted so heavily in the buyers favor that a seller wouldn't stand a chance of doing such a thing for very long.

As for where labels are printed or whatever.. who cares?

The only thing that matters is that you receive the package by the time estimated. If not, you file for item not received. If you get an empty envelope or anything other than what you ordered, you file for not as described. It's pretty cut and dry.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply