cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoother Checkouts - Can'y buy

Wondering why Ebay doesn't test before implementing new un-needed features.

Cannot buy.

It looks like the only way to use it, is to setup a credit card as a payment option, which we do not use. We use

Paypal. But guessing Paypal doesn't fit the "auto checkout" model for "Speedy Checkouts".

Ebay user for 15 years. Quit selling when the Paypal account option went away.

Now I can't even buy.

Such a shame.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can still use PayPal. It's supposed to pay with the preferred method you have chosen in your PayPal wallet.

I don't think you can use Pay in Four, or PayPal credit as your automatic payment method, but the other options are still available.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@sevendogzero wrote:

Wondering why Ebay doesn't test before implementing new un-needed features.

Cannot buy.

It looks like the only way to use it, is to setup a credit card as a payment option, which we do not use.

We use

Paypal. But guessing Paypal doesn't fit the "auto checkout" model for "Speedy Checkouts". 

Under where it looks like the only way to use it, is to setup a credit card as a payment option, which we do not use, with the radio button "Credit or debit card" 

an36344_0-1694371872112.jpeg

if we look closer @sevendogzero there's also a "PayPal account" option. Come back if we don't see it?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is the only option I have. PayPal doesn't show up. Been using Paypal since Ebay existed.EBAY_PAYMENTS.jpg

The other problem is pre-selecting an address for delivery on an auction. Addresses change when

bidding on an auction. The Speedy Checkout probably works for most ebay buyers I'm sure,

but not for me.

I think my only options now are Buy It Now...which is ok, but the "change" in checkout is a poor

requirement.

Thanks for the response. I do appreciate.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Buyers as replaceables ?

With respect to auto pay, there does appear to be insufficient concern over unhappy buyers & the loss of some buyers

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

kyle@ebay  Another complaint about the unnecessary demand that buyers prove they can pay before they can purchase.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@sevendogzero wrote:

This is the only option I have. PayPal doesn't show up. 

EBAY_PAYMENTS.jpg

The other problem is pre-selecting an address for delivery on an auction. Addresses change when

bidding on an auction. The Speedy Checkout probably works for most ebay buyers I'm sure,

but not for me. 

Did you try @sevendogzero to scroll down?

Agree that where the item should ship can depend heavily on the final price upon winning the auction.

As well, the credit or debit card might have hit its limit before the auction ends, and cannot pay the auction:

1. Provide the default payment method and shipping address.

2. Place the bid, which amount was not known and wasn't put on hold in the previous step.

3. Win the auction, with no remaining credit available to pay in the default, now defaulted, payment method.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply