cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling has item i purchased posted twice

I just won an auction but notice the seller has an identical item posted in the auction i won AND  a buy it now one that is currently up, this is an item that should be one of a kind as its a natural crystal cluster. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I’m not seeing a problem.

Your only issue is paying and receiving your item.

The seller will have a problem if they sell the same item twice with their account.

Do you have a question?

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If you look at crystal listings, you will see the exact same one listed many times by different sellers, even though they are listed as natural crystals. Where is the seller located, might be lab grown clones. I have seen post talking about this in the past.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@sessi.jorda,

Some of the chinese sellers of crystal items reuse the same photos and descriptions of items, to save time when re-listing a like one. They shouldn't be doing that but it happens.  Before bidding on those items, you should check your seller's feedback profile page.  You do that by clicking on the number in (  ) to the right of their user name.  Yours is (31).  On the page that opens you can click on the numbers of neutral and negative feedback the seller has received to read only those comments.

The seller you have been buy from lately does not have a very good feedback percentage by ebay standards. If the neutrals they have received counted against their percentage it would be even lower.  All of them are really negative comments.  eBay's best high volume sellers will have a 99.6% or better rating.  You should think twice about buying from one with less than a 98.9% rating.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What happened? Did you get the one in the photos? 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i investigated this a few times     i find there are  sellers will have the same item sold a few times, same listinmg   sold at auction for 40  61, 88  and listed for like 300   buy it now, they are cheating,, 

they have shill bid acounts that bid all their items up and list buy it now for double what they shill bid up to  it protcts them for selling at auction and losing money,,   i bidded for an hour on over 50 items did not win one every one was bid higher  1  time,,  some 2 or 3 times,, but there are few people bidding on crystals,   so they shill bids win at an low price they get rid of the shill bidder  then repost the listign and have no fees,   its a huge scam, and  ebay doesnt care about it..   its not an exact facts as we cant know,, but  it does not make sense , and what makes sense is the sellers protecting their profits, with out wory if it is not bid high enough  they just cancle the sale  and relist,   im sure it goes on with other stuff to , but crystals are like you say uniqe like a finger print,, you are not going to have 3-4 of the exact same weight  shape and material,  its about impossible,  to have consitenly 2-3 of the same items,    same color same shape, exact same  weight and same pics, cause if a real person won and recived somethign that was not preety much the exact look shape and size they and i would call bloody murder,  espcily  crystals  and crystal collectors,  most  pick on looks and shape and want exactly waht they picked

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

put this in your search   

6.21LB arge Natural yellow Crystal Himalayan quartz cluster /mineralsls

the exact same item pops up like 6 times, and its sold many times, and relisted as active,  the seller just changes the first pic , its the same outfit, and same person,  just a diffrent order of pics,,  and being the  same weight descrition,  you can count the points and see its the exact same, that is impossible to have 5-6 of the exact same thing, and if you won a 6.1 lb crystal for 21, or 88 you would pay and get it,  not cancle the sale,,  it doe not make sense  ,,  it is defintly shill bidding    you can do it with a lot of the auctions    for crystals , 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply