cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers spamming personal phone to ask for reviews...

It's not the first time this has happened, I purchased a product some time ago and today I received SMS on my phone from that seller asking for a review. And it was that seller because they referred to the product I purchased and then sent me the link.

What is ebay's policy in these regards, and what could I do about it?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@dqdnvwe0 wrote:

What is ebay's policy in these regards, and what could I do about it?

You could just ignore & forget about it & perhaps spend your time doing something more enjoyable ?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@dqdnvwe0,

There are reasons why I never set up getting text messages from ebay on my phone, and this is just one of them.  If it was only one attempt at getting a feedback from you, I would ignore it. Did you ever look at the seller's feedback profile?  Usually it is inexperienced or new sellers who ask for feedback. Most experienced ones know better than to do that. 

If the transaction went smoothly leave them a feedback, then message the seller and tell them asking for feedback could result in receiving one they wouldn't like.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Why on Earth did you give somebody you didn't want contact from, your phone number?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

Why on Earth did you give somebody you didn't want contact from, your phone number?

I didn't "give it" to the seller, it's in the settings...

Ebay asks buyers to put a phone number in their account, practically forces buyers to give it up...

And yes it is possible to buy on ebay without a phone number but some sellers will not sell to buyers who do not provide a phone number. And now that a buyer has given a phone number, when a buyer makes a purchase sellers can pull this number from the sales ticket information.

The same is true of buyers, I was able to pull the seller's phone number after the purchase / sale.

The seller's phone number in this case is a toll-free 1800 one.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Text him back.

"I strongly dislike getting texts like this. I am now contemplating exactly how I might change my FB. I believe I have  XX days to make those changes. Enjoy the next XX days."

Then ignore any future texts.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

from eBay "My trading partner won't leave me feedback. What should I do?

If you've successfully completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you feedback, it's fine to send a message as a reminder. Remember though, leaving feedback is completely voluntary."

eBay suggests you remind/ message your trading partner to leave feedback.  It wouldn't be nice to be mean to them when eBay gives them the go ahead to do it!

If anything the buyer should put the blame on eBay for them asking for a rating. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply