cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers not located in USA

I just bought an item and received confrmation from Paypal, but where there is normally the sellers address I get this:   

(The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified) ,  along with an Asian name only.

I remember ticking the box that says "US Only".    I at least would like to know where the product is coming from.   I dont think this is right on eBay's part, there should be a box to tick that says "USA Sellers Only"  

The order shows: Item Location,  United States ,  I would at least like to know where in the US the item is coming from.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Wait to receive tracking info, if the item is shipping from outside the US, you can report the sellerto ebay, for location misrepresentation.

Good luck

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@good2buy wrote:

I just bought an item and received confrmation from Paypal, but where there is normally the sellers address I get this:   

(The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified) ,  along with an Asian name only.

I remember ticking the box that says "US Only".    I at least would like to know where the product is coming from.   I dont think this is right on eBay's part, there should be a box to tick that says "USA Sellers Only"  

The order shows: Item Location,  United States ,  I would at least like to know where in the US the item is coming from.

here is no filter to search by seller location, only by item location and I don't think ebay plans to change that seeing as how their precious chinese sellers have US warehouses.  As long as the item ships from the US, no wrongdoing has occured. I assume you check the sellers feedback before you buy? The sellers location is shown on their feedback page so you can check their location when you check their feedback.If the seller is registered outside the US but the item location is in the US, you can then decide whether or not to buy from that seller.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Nice work Jen...I didnt know that you can find the sellers location from their feedback page.  Thanks much.  Thanks to Ed8108 (Guide) too, but checking their feedback page is faster then waiting on the item invoice or tracking info.   And checking their feedback page, I see that they are located just around the corner from me....NOT:

Member is based in Vietnam

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The "US Sellers Only" doesn't always work.  I tried to buy a tripod a few months ago and had the "US Sellers" button clicked.  I clicked on an auction tht said it was loocated in Miami, FL.  I bought the tripod and it got stuck im FedEx customs for three weeks.  Seems the Miami seller was really located in Venezuela.  Since he wouldn't answer Fed Exes questions about the contents of the package, they wouldn't deliver it to me.  I had to file a claim to get a refund (after which the seller spammed me with messages to try to buy it again).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Good grief!  What the heck is going on here?  I bought another item a few days ago, forgot to look at buyers feedback page as was suggested here.  I just get an "item shipped" notice, and low and behold, NO shipping from location or tracking number at all.   I go to the sellers feedback page.... "Member located in EGYPT" ... 

For the love of ... (fill in the blank)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

A lot of international sellers don't use tracking.

The USPS has incredibly cheap tracking but I would have to pay a minimum of $12 to Canada Post to track an envelope that I can send LetterPost for 85 cents.

The tracking number is Seller Protection. It is the defence against unwarranted Item Not Received claims.

For the buyer it is just the warm fuzzies.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, the buyer will be refunded.

Those of us who rarely track depend on our faith in humanity (Most people are honest) and Cookie Jar Insurance to cover the few scams.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply