cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller service scam

I purchased a service to repair a vehicle tcm for 137.00 on Ebay.  Sent my tcm to seller along with old tcm for cloning service. Seller then refunds my money on Ebay saying Ebay takes to long to pay out. Then asks to be paid  through venmo. I paid 184.00 for the new tcm also on Ebay . I relied on Ebay's seller rating for this person and now out several hundred dollars for nothing.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller service scam

eBay is not set up for selling repair services.  Your covered for any payments made through eBay but there is no way for eBay to get back any items you sent to someone.   If you paid through a cash ap that  too is not recoverable by eBay.

You can report the seller over the Venmo request.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Seller service scam

Sorry, but you should have known something was up when they wanted you to pay outside of Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Seller service scam

@reno5713,

Why would you send a transmission control unit away when there are repair shops in almost every town who could clone the info to a second one you provide or you buy from the shop? They would also be able to make sure the vehicle's Electronic Control Unit ECU accepts the cloned TCU. 

Services have never been covered by ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG), and new sellers do have a hold placed on their payments, which your seller apparently did not know, or did know but used to scam you. Because you used a payment method not accepted by ebay, you took the transaction off ebay, which even if the service was covered by the MBG, would have negated its use.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply