cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent me completely different item

I am a buyer and I have been scammed by a seller.. This seller obviously knows the ins and outs of eBay because the moment I received my package which definitely was not what I purchased I contacted eBay.. I took pictures and I contacted the seller who acted tough saying he will not pay for my shipping label and was very rude once I told him eBay stepped in that’s when he admitted he sent the wrong thing by mistake and he couldn’t find a way to pay for shipping with eBay so they gave him the shipping for me.. also he is now saying he sent me something that costed more than what I paid which was 207$ for a Kiara sky beyond pro led lamp. He said I could keep the item and he won’t charge me more . I gagged like sir this is a 20$ lamp you sent me you accepted my money claiming one thing and did another.. so now I actually owe him more he said but he is gonna let it be if I decide to keep the lamp .. he is lying this is unfair. I documented everything and I stopped talking to him. He is trying to save his butt now at the same time claim I owe him more and what he sent actually costs more than what I paid. I’m a new nail tech trying make a living what he has done is not fair..Even more so he has me feeling like the bad guy complaining but I feel robbed and scammed.. all I want is to return this and get a refund . Oh by the way the only reason he admitted he sent something different was cause I acted like I still wanted the Kiara sky lamp so I asked him does he even have a Kiara sky lamp? That’s when he claimed what he sent me costed more and he is out of stock of what I wanted. If that’s the case why post he has it and allow me to think he has it and sells something different without my knowing.. I initially messaged him before buying about more pictures he sends me the link of what I’m getting meanwhile whole time he don’t have what i thought I was buying and send something way way cheaper. I could of gotten at Walmart.no offense to Walmart . I just wanted a reliable lamp.. he literally admitted once he knew eBay was involved and I ask does he even have a Kiara sky lamp at all? he says he is all out of stock of Kiara sky but I can keep the lamp that cost more. I’m hurt and upset it’s unfair for all of us buyers and sellers who get robbed . This is not fair? Being robbed and scammed had ruined my joy of even getting the Kiara sky lamp and at this point I feel like he must of needed the money to rob lie and scam innocent people.. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@nitir-80 wrote:

I am a buyer and I have been scammed by a seller.. This seller obviously knows the ins and outs of eBay because the moment I received my package which definitely was not what I purchased I contacted eBay.. I took pictures and I contacted the seller who acted tough saying he will not pay for my shipping label and was very rude once I told him eBay stepped in that’s when he admitted he sent the wrong thing by mistake and he couldn’t find a way to pay for shipping with eBay so they gave him the shipping for me.. also he is now saying he sent me something that costed more than what I paid which was 207$ for a Kiara sky beyond pro led lamp. He said I could keep the item and he won’t charge me more . I gagged like sir this is a 20$ lamp you sent me you accepted my money claiming one thing and did another.. so now I actually owe him more he said but he is gonna let it be if I decide to keep the lamp .. he is lying this is unfair. I documented everything and I stopped talking to him. He is trying to save his butt now at the same time claim I owe him more and what he sent actually costs more than what I paid. I’m a new nail tech trying make a living what he has done is not fair..Even more so he has me feeling like the bad guy complaining but I feel robbed and scammed.. all I want is to return this and get a refund . Oh by the way the only reason he admitted he sent something different was cause I acted like I still wanted the Kiara sky lamp so I asked him does he even have a Kiara sky lamp? That’s when he claimed what he sent me costed more and he is out of stock of what I wanted. If that’s the case why post he has it and allow me to think he has it and sells something different without my knowing.. I initially messaged him before buying about more pictures he sends me the link of what I’m getting meanwhile whole time he don’t have what i thought I was buying and send something way way cheaper. I could of gotten at Walmart.no offense to Walmart . I just wanted a reliable lamp.. he literally admitted once he knew eBay was involved and I ask does he even have a Kiara sky lamp at all? he says he is all out of stock of Kiara sky but I can keep the lamp that cost more. I’m hurt and upset it’s unfair for all of us buyers and sellers who get robbed . This is not fair? Being robbed and scammed had ruined my joy of even getting the Kiara sky lamp and at this point I feel like he must of needed the money to rob lie and scam innocent people.. 

Escalate the "request" to a "case", eBay will force the seller to refund you and if they don't provide you with a return label or the money to buy one eBay will let you keep the (wrong) item.

More likely there is some misunderstanding and the seller is willing to refund AND let you keep the (wrong) item because it's not worth paying to have it returned.

In situations like this you really don't need to have ANY direct contact with the seller, open the official request (I think you have done this) and then escalate to a case. With eBay's Money Back Guarantee it's almost impossible for a buyer to not get refunded in this type of situation.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It's usually best to open an official ebay return request. Then return for a full refund.

In this case the seller would be required to provide return shipping label.

Always be careful to select the accurate reason such as: not as described/seller sent wrong item.

return for refund 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@nitir-80 wrote:

Escalate the "request" to a "case", eBay will force the seller to refund you and if they don't provide you with a return label or the money to buy one eBay will let you keep the (wrong) item.

More likely there is some misunderstanding and the seller is willing to refund AND let you keep the (wrong) item because it's not worth paying to have it returned.

In situations like this you really don't need to have ANY direct contact with the seller, open the official request (I think you have done this) and then escalate to a case. With eBay's Money Back Guarantee it's almost impossible for a buyer to not get refunded in this type of situation.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

ALL eBay buyers and sellers also should be required to read the Money Back Guarantee BEFORE they begin to buy or sell here.

All you needed to do is open an item not as described case which you have 30 days to do with eBay.  No need or reason to contact the seller or be jerked around.

Learn to protect yourself on eBay as any place else.  There was no need or reason for this to become so complicated.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Seller on Ebay send me wrong item, what I have to do?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@zislu-0 wrote:

Seller on Ebay send me wrong item, what I have to do?

@zislu-0 

Go to the item in your purchase history and click the blue Return this item button. Select that the item was not as described. You'll get a return shipping label, and once the seller has received the return you'll be refunded.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Consider yourself lucky that the seller in your case at least accepted his fault. This happened to me last month. I bid and won a lot of Civil War bullets. The total came out to $180. However, when I received the box, it was full of small soap.. 😛   I took pictures and started the return. I am lucky that I have an Amazon camera in my kitchen so I have it in video of me picking up the mail outside, bringing it in, and opening it.

The seller did accept the return but still has to issue a refund (he has like 4 or 5 days left). In the meantime, he sent me a message with a threat saying that he knows where i live and will be paying me a visit sooner than later.  I reported him to eBay.

I don't understand how this scam works? wouldn't every buyer request return the wrong item? 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply