cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sends different item ebay blocks negative feedback

I recently bought an item from a seller, he sent an item that was different from the picture, I returned it and he got very mad, he sent a harassing message that said something like "go to Amazon for returns" but worded a bit offensive, I have not done anything wrong to deserve that message so I tried leaving negative feedback to let others know about this seller sending lower quality items but eBay's system would not allow me, I contacted eBay and they said "its a system error", but the system would not allow me to post feedback on this seller anymore, my question is has anybody gone through the same "system error"? It seems like they are protecting sellers more than buyers, it used to be the other way around.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You said you returned the item, did you get your refund?

If you received your refund and you couldn’t leave feedback it’s because the seller made good on the return. 
If the seller is sending you messages you don’t want , ignore, report, block member and delete the messages. 

IMG_1106.jpeg

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A buyer doesn't have to have done anything wrong. It happens some sellers may become very angry when their item is returned & are also responsible for payment of the shipping costs incurred.

May all your future buying experiences be happy 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I returned it and he got very mad,

Did you open a Money Back Guarantee claim?

Did you put the tracking number in theClaim?

Did the tracking show delivery?

If you did all those, the seller would be required to refund you.

If he doesn't eBay will and then go after him for their money.

EBay will remove feedback if it is vulgar or threatening.

EBay usually does not allow feedback that mentions that eBay intervened in a Dispute.

Did you get your money back?

Have you added the seller to your Blocked list and included the "no communication" option?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply