cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says they reprinted same shipping label / tracking more than a week after original

So I bid on an item and won for a super low price. Item usually would go for at least $100.00 more than the closing bid. I was quite surprised. Afraid that I may come up against some seller's remorse.

Ten days after the item being marked as shipping and printing the label with tracking it did not show as acceptance on the U.S.P.S. dashboard. I contacted seller just to make sure that it was posted and I got a confirmation that it was  dropped off at the post office next day. He would go check to see if they had any info.  As luck turns out he states that it was "returned to sender" the day after I contacted  him because the label was damaged only showing the return address, no destination, no tracking.

After being notified of the situation I asked if he had to get another tracking number but the reply was that he was instructed by the post office yo "just reprint the same label" so it would have the same tracking. Item still shows no update to the original tracking on U.S.P.S.

This was the information he supplied in my conversation through the "contact seller" option on the item.

How does a seller go about "printing the same label / same tracking" after well over a week? Is that even possible?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller says they reprinted same shipping label / tracking more than a week after original

After being notified of the situation I asked if he had to get another tracking number but the reply was that he was instructed by the post office yo "just reprint the same label" so it would have the same tracking.

How does a seller go about "printing the same label / same tracking" after well over a week? Is that even possible?

eBay Shipping labels cannot be reprinted after 24 hours.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller wants to relist the item to get a higher final price.
The seller should have just cancelled on their end right away and gotten an Out-Of-Stock strike.
You should file an Item-Not-Received case and escalate it later to get a refund.
I create PDF files to reprint as needed. I doubt most sellers do that.
Your seller would need to void the original label.
http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=LabelManagement
If it is past the 4 day label cancellation window, they may not be able to cancel.
Probably no problem, they will not get charged for the label if it never had a scan.
Then create a new label from their All Items Sold Screen.
https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS
I would not expect to ever see any scans or the package either.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kare-bearb wrote:

After being notified of the situation I asked if he had to get another tracking number but the reply was that he was instructed by the post office yo "just reprint the same label" so it would have the same tracking.

Unless the seller does what I do.

I save all of my labels as pdf to my computer ... just in case something like that happens 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 4
latest reply