cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says my messages not received

Seller did not respond to my two messages (including photos) regarding replacement of a broken part. The messages are in my “Sent” folder. Since I received no responses, I gave up on contacting Seller and provided negative feedback. Then, Seller (through eBay) requested I revise my feedback, claiming he/she responded to both my messages. There are no messages from this Seller in my Inbox. Nor did Seller offer to send the replacement part, even though I provided photos showing the broken part and where it broke off as part of my feedback. 
Will appreciate suggestions on how to contact eBay.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Instead of sending messages to the seller why not open a return request citing not as described? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There's no need to contact anyone, use the MBG.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@stdastir,

Is the broken part you are talking about the missing center column lock knob?  If so it is clearly missing in the photos, and is mentioned in the  description. So an item not as described dispute may not work for you.

"it meeds a new plastic handle for the heady of the tripod but it still works just fine".

The locking knob is part of the tripod not the head as the seller wrote, and should be available. Do an online search for Bogen Manfrotto replacement parts for 3021 tripod. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Is there a particular reason you would not simply open an item not as described case per the MBG?  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@stdastir wrote:

Seller did not respond to my two messages (including photos) regarding replacement of a broken part. Then, Seller (through eBay) requested I revise my feedback, claiming he/she responded to both my messages. There are no messages from this Seller in my Inbox.

The eBay message system isn't exactly reliable. I've been on the receiving end of eBay "punishment" because I failed to take notice of their warning email. An email that I never received.

Similarly I've had buyers say things like "as I said in my previous email" and I'm left thinking what email.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the response. I believe the return window has closed. I ordered it a month or more before Christmas. The breakage wasn’t discovered until package was opened Christmas Day. Could not open early … package too heavy for me. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the response. I believe the return window has closed. I ordered it a month or more before Christmas. The breakage wasn’t discovered until package was opened Christmas Day. Could not open early … package too heavy for me

Message 8 of 8
latest reply