cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not providing updating tracking number!

I completed the payment for this order on December 26th. Unfortunately, I received an incorrect tracking number. Despite reaching out to the seller multiple times, I haven't received any response. The listing mentioned express delivery, yet it has been 12 days since the payment and I still haven't received the correct tracking information. This situation is quite concerning and requires immediate attention. On the eBay listing, the tracking information states that the estimated delivery is on January 8th. However, I'm unsure where they obtained this information, as clicking on the tracking link within the eBay listing redirects me to the USPS site with the following message:

Label Created, not yet in system

A status update is not yet available on your Priority Mail® package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is given to USPS. Check back soon.

Sign up for Informed Delivery® to receive notifications for packages addressed to you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You need to keep an eye on the Order. One day past the Estimated Delivery Date, if you're still without your item, open an Item Not Received claim. Keep an eye on the timeline and escalate it to eBay when you can. You'll be made whole.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@muzammilsiddiqui 

As @mtgraves7984 has mentioned, you should open up an "Item not received" case one day following the provided last estimated date of delivery.  

If the last provided estimated date of delivery was today (January 8), then you should open up the INR case tomorrow.

If you do not know how to open up an INR case, it is simple:

Go to your "Seller Hub" page.

In the upper right hand corner, click on "My eBay," then click on "Purchase History."

Locate the item which you had ordered.

In the right-hand column is a series of blue boxes.  Click on "More actions," then "I didn't receive it."

Just follow the instructions.

You should receive your refund in a few days.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@muzammilsiddiqui,

Is this issue with the last seller you received feedback from, who has a feedback percentage of 96.7%?  If so you never should have bought from them in the first place. On their listings they give an item location of "Edison NJ, Pakistan" which at the very least means they are a drop shipper.  The statement following, Shipping:  Free expedited Shipping from outside US. Is proof the item location is not in New Jersey.

Tomorrow, follow the instructions given by mtgraves, Once you file the dispute, by going to your purchase history (you do not have to go to the seller hub)   the seller will have 3 days to respond by starting a refund.   When you file the dispute it will show up on your My eBay Summary page. In it ebay will tell you on what date you can ask them to step in if the seller hasn't started the refund.

Read the info the link below about ebay's Money Back Guarantee policy and its time frames.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply